aardvark q10 alternatives

gitrokr

are there any soundcards out there with built in mic pres? i got an aardvark and like the quality except for all the stuff i have to go through to get it working. it just went out again todday. and ive installed and reinstalled the drivers a bajillion times.

If you are really looking into getting quality better then the Q10 why don't you lookin at getting a A/D converter and buy pre's? You should get quality better then built-in pre's. Just another way to shove in their.

Oh man.. I have installed my Q10 driver so many times. I feel your pain.

Motu looks cool, but an additional $400 is a pretty big step. Sucks to hear people having probs with the Q-10. I though it looked like the perfect gadget to buy...

interesting. i've never had to reinstall my q10 drivers. i think incompatabilites can happen in any given recording system.

i think the key is keeping your recording computer off the internet. and never installing new crap on your recording comptuer. i didn't even install the keyboard drivers.

jhira please look at my post in the soundcard section and see if there are any tips you could help out with- thanks alot

jhira001 said:
interesting. i've never had to reinstall my q10 drivers.
hmm...I never had to either...I have switched back to older drivers because the newer ones made my signal too hot to manage w/ the software mixer though...

aardvark

same for me about new drivers.it worked fine until i went to the website and loaded new ones.be a damn shame for you to walk away from a great unit like that one

gitrokr said:
which version drivers are you using?
I'm now using the 7.04 drivers in my nForce2/2800+ machine...both the 7.0 and 7.04's seem to work fine for me..I have'nt tried the lastest ones(7.13) on this machine yet...several people have said that they had problems with them.

Back