aardvark q 10 and drivers and installing bla bla

gitrokr

ok-so i got a q10 at the beginning of he year, after a day of installing the hardware and software and all that i got it working. but, say i shut off my computer after with the q10 plugged in, i couldnt just turn the computer on again. if i did this-something would prevent the q10 from working. but- i figured since it was at least working every other time the computer was on i was ahead of the game- since i only use it once in a blue moon. well i go to whip it out, and its not working-i restart and reboot, and it wont work. i umplug it and do a bunch of stuff and it still wont work. so i uninstall the drivers and install htem and it wont work.

the point!!

xp users, using cubase sx with a q10!
which version driver, and how do you go about installing it, so your q10 works!? also-if you say have another sound card like a sound blaster live that is jsut for your regular computer speakers, will this mess with the q10's mind?? should i take it out, or just disable it when i want to use the q10??

please help and thanks alot!

I have 3 soundcards on my computer.
One built into the mobo
Two Audigy 2 platnium
Three Q10

I sometimes have the problem of the driver not working with the Q10 so I just uninstall and re-install the driver. It aint fun but it works.

which version driver do you have? is it the one off the website? do you run xp? are there any special tricks hwen installing it, like you cant have the q10 plugged in, or anything like that? thanks

What is the mobo specs..??I have read that q-10's don't work well with some SIS and VIA chipsets.I don't use Cubase so I can't help you there,but I can tell you that mine seems to work fine with i845 and Nforce2 chipsets,and I'm using XP.I'm using the driver set that came with it(7.0) because the newer one's(7.04&7.13)make my signal too hot to manage with the software mixer(and I don't have a hardware mixer right now).So good luck...I'd start by checking out what the chipset on you'r mobo is first and go from there...hopefully someone else will have more suggestions for you.

ok well i reinstalled the drivers...

i plug in a mic, i tap it i can hear it through my monitors

but- i cnat see them reading on the aardvark manager or cubase...no levels go bouncing up or what not-

also- when i playback a file from cubase it doesnt come through and i cant hear it, any ideas guys?? thanks alot again

Dude...it may just be fried...I'd call the tec support if you have'nt already...you might check you'r cable...(box to card)plug/unplug it several times at both ends.Then put it all back together good then try it again...when I first bought mine,I could only get 2 inputs to work,I did that and it's worked fine since...

I just helped install a Q10 on a friend's computer (Athlon 1 GHZ proc with older KT133 chipset) and had the same symptoms (sound comes out, but the Aardvark control panel and audio software did not display any functionality). I found two problems which caused all the troubles. Once they were resolved, no more problems!
1. Integrated soundcard enabled. (fix: disabled in BIOS)
2. USB mouse. (Fix: USB to PS/2 adapter)

Now the thing kicks butt, even on this older chipset!!

-mr moon

Back