aardvark lx6 causing errors

royharper3220

I installed the latest driver 7.13, it shows up in the advanced part of the aardvark manager thing as 7.13 , but in device manager it says its driver version 7.06.
It also seems to crash Cool edit 2 alot when im closing the program
the same thing happens in cubase se, then when that happens i cant use the lx6 unless i restart the pc. In cubase it says no device found and in cep it says device already in use or not ready. I have a SB audigy 2 installed btw.
I also can't hear anything ive recorded in cubase, i dont know if thats a related problem or if i just dont have something set up right.

Im pretty sure its a driver issue, I went back to 7.04 that came with it. It stopped locking up but it pops when monitoring (which the new driver fixed)
so im stuck with two drivers that dont work.

Here's a link for you to check out...http://www.audioforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2900...I don't know what's going on with those drivers.A lot of people seem to be having problems with them,but I've been running them with a Q10 for the last 3 nights for several hours each,and they seem to be working fine for me.I looked in my device manager,and mine also says 7.0.6.0, with a date of 2/15/2003 but reads 7.13 in the Aardvark manager... :confused: I'm using the Q10 with a Barton 2800+/Asus A7N8X/GF4 MX440 vid. card/1 gig of pc2700/win XP with all the recommended-critical updates and service packs, and I did NOT install directX 9(still have 8.1)...I can't think of anything else that might be relevant as to why mine works and others don't...good luck.

yeh I read that. I got a chance to take this thing back. I didnt realize Aardvark sucked so bad, I'm jumping ship. It sucks cause the hardware is perfect for what i need.

Yeah...I don't blame ya...I wouldn't put up with that either...I seem to be one of the luckier ones for some reason...still no problems here...later.

Back