aardvark direct pro Q10

austexman

bout ta purchase aardvark...alot of reviews i've read have been good.

any reviews or feedback before i spend the jack?

yeah. i have one... for the money its a great unit. convenient all in one package... im not a pro or anywhere near but ive made some pretty good sounding stuff on it.

hey bro

cool....yeah...on my current d.i. box i have 2 preamped i/o's..and have been
plugging an electric kit straight in...it will be nice to mic up an entire acoustic
kit finally...

so the input levels are adjusted on the aardvark software correct?...that will
be nice if so...i hate adjusting these frickin knobs just so all the time to get the level i want...

Aardvark is gone, currently.

I have a Q10, it works great on my PC, wont do crapolla on my Mac (I suspect lack of driver support)

The Q10's are great, but dont expect any new drivers unless by some devine intervention they get bought by some other company that wants to continue supporting their products.

well guess what

went to purchase an aardvark today and they're officially out of business (I know...you just said that)...had guitar center try and order one and no go...

soooo..

i spent a little more jack and got a motu 896hd...hopefully this thing
works as good as they say it does...

peace

would you still buy it?

Hi,

I was at Sam Ash today and they had some Aardvark stuff on clearance. I got the Q10 for $399. Should I keep it or return it. I asked the store manager about return policies and I also specifically asked (semi-jokingly) if they were still in business. He will let me return it and he also said that he thought they were still in biz :confused: . Anyway, I knew their stuff was pretty good, but now I am concerned with drivers, specifically compatibility with new OS changes. I believe it's pretty good with XP so as long as the drivers with it are current or if I could DL them from somewhere I think I'm ok.

Being that NAMM was just about a week ago, you'd think the Manager would know that they are defunct...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Don

aardvark

Hey Don,

My buddy bought the aardvark for $800 and loves it....i paid $920 for my motu...all in all for the money you paid...i'd keep it...it's been my experience that you won't get a recording interface with 8 preamped inputs for the money you paid...

They ARE out of business however...so don't expect any "support"...but i guess you could always get help from your software provider...or sites like this one...

As far as drivers go, you either want ASIO or WDM....the motu supports both
and actually works better using ASIO...i'm not sure about the aardvark though.

My buddy says it works great.

Scott

you got one NEW for $400?? dang....

i paid more than $400 for my used one....

..and now that they've gone out of business i cant get $200 for my 24/96!

Keep it or seel it?

I got an Aardvark Pro Q10 too. I like it alot. It's really too bad they went out of business. I just hope mine don't break down anytime soon.

I've been debating whether to sell my unit and go buy a Tascam FW1884. I think I'm gonna ponder this one for awile. I saw that the expansions for the FW are pretty expensive.

I use a Behringer MX3282 and come out of the 8 Sub-group outs. It has 8 aux's and inserts on all channels. I run this into my Q10, works nicely. Sub-group outs are on one side of my monitor and the Pro Q10 sits right on the other side of my monitor. Easy to patch. ( I have a wrap-around desk).

I like being able to record 8 tracks all at the same time but doesn anyone know how I might be able to Do 16 tracks via firewaire or without having to buy another Pro Q10?

I just wish I knew they were gonna go out of business. I bought it over the Moto828 cause it had 8 preamps as opposed to the 4 on the 828. I should have realized I would be buying some outboard Pre's anyways...DAH!.

Well, let me know what other options I might explore outside the Pro Q10.

PEACE !

Back