Aardvark and Sonar 4

Spillenger

I just upgraded to Sonar 4 from Sonar 3, and the program is not recognizing my Aardvark LX6 sound card. It finds the Audigy 2 I use for MIDI purposes, and even offers the LX6 as an option for MIDI input, but it doesn't show up in my options-audio menu. It was working fine in Sonar 3. There was a sheet from Aardvark on how to set up the LX6 with Sonar, but now the company is evidently out of business!

I find it hard to believe my Aardvark driver went away when I uninstalled Sonar 3. After all, Sonar 4 is recognizing it -- just not for audio. Anybody have instructions on how to get the LX6 and Sonar to be friends again?

My system:

Dell Pentium 4 (Dimension 4600) running at 3.06 GHz, with hyperthreading technology; 1 gig RAM; 120-gig HD; Windows XP Home 5.1

Sound Cards: Soundblaster Audigy 2 for Midi; Aardvark DirectPro LX6 for audio

Thanks.

Paul S.

Spillenger said:
I just upgraded to Sonar 4 from Sonar 3, and the program is not recognizing my Aardvark LX6 sound card. It finds the Audigy 2 I use for MIDI purposes, and even offers the LX6 as an option for MIDI input, but it doesn't show up in my options-audio menu. It was working fine in Sonar 3. There was a sheet from Aardvark on how to set up the LX6 with Sonar, but now the company is evidently out of business!

I find it hard to believe my Aardvark driver went away when I uninstalled Sonar 3. After all, Sonar 4 is recognizing it -- just not for audio. Anybody have instructions on how to get the LX6 and Sonar to be friends again?

My system:

Dell Pentium 4 (Dimension 4600) running at 3.06 GHz, with hyperthreading technology; 1 gig RAM; 120-gig HD; Windows XP Home 5.1

Sound Cards: Soundblaster Audigy 2 for Midi; Aardvark DirectPro LX6 for audio

Thanks.

Paul S.

This could simply be a function of the driver mode you are using. Try forcing it to use one of the other modes (probably ASIO) and see if it will recognize the other card. I'm guessing it is currently using WDM mode, and there are probably no available WDM drivers for the Aardvark.

dachay2tnr,

I had just figured this out on my own when your reply arrived. Yes, this was the answer. Once I set ASIO mode, my LX6 showed up. Thanks a lot.

Paul S.

Back