A5500 DIY Tube mic?

...actually not a bad mic...circuit is good and components are decent...tweak it with a bigger, better capsule, tube and tranny, and you got yourself a very nice tube condenser mic...

I'd rather not.
The guy told me it was "Generic".
I had to really search to find out that it was a kit.
He hid that fact.
Cost me $200.

Could be the season. I bought an unknown mic from long ago for little money. UK seller hasn't replied after 6 days. I didn't pay yet, tho...

I made it clear that I was not happy about him hiding the brand when asked.
He knows too that if he sends it and it's junk, he's getting it back.
My guess?
He's spent the money.

I don"t really understand why you are complaining , the link you posted makes it 100% clear that this is a Kit that you have to assemble yourself , it has a list of all of the components that come with the kit and also has pictures of the kit so i don"t how you could have gotten the wrong idea .... and I don"t know what you mean by " genaric" ?? Genaric just means that it doesn"t have a Trademarked name , it takes nothing away from the mic its self ......

Or are you saying that someone sold you a tube mic that was allready assembled ?? if so I still don"t see the problem if the mic works .....

Properly assembled I"m sure it"s a great mic .......

Oh , I read the thread , I thought maybe you were a immigrant and that is why your english was bad because you are being very Vague about everything ......

Oh , I read the thread , I thought maybe you were a immigrant and that is why your english was bad because you are being very Vague about everything ......
Yes, I am an immigrant and this is the second time in one week that someone in Home Recording .com has seen the need to point that out.
Now, I could spend a few minutes correcting your grammar and spelling but I think I'll just do what I did with the last Troll who insulted me.
I'm about to go into your profile and "Ignore" you.
That means that no matter what stupid comment you choose to make from now on, I won't be able to see it.
Neat, eh?
Adios Troll!

Hey don"t get mad at me because im the second person to point out you had bad grammar , Maybe you should work on your grammar ...... I didn"t meant it as an insult , mearly pointing out that if you weren"t so vague about everything then you would be easier to understand ......

As for being a troll , I see that you are relitavely new here so maybe you don"t know about the many trolls here , one thing about all the trolls here they get neg rep all the time as you can see I don"t have neg rep , hence not a troll .... Maybe you have a bad hangover and are being touchy ??

well , peace !!!

Minion, you may have read the thread but not thoroughly understood it. The link is part of the discovery made by Jim after purchasing a "Generic' mic. A mic that was not advertised as "Look, I bought a kit & assembled the parts & now I want to sell the result..." but I assumed was offered as "for sale generic tube condenser mic...".
Inadvertantly buying an assembled kit as something else would give me pause as well.
If "...Bloke has me money..." causes you to assume all sorts of things about one's heritage, travel, residency status and country of origin then you'd best write off most of Australia as being immigrant, (well, essentially give or take an generation or three we actually are). It's interesting, though distressing, to see grammar being used, yet again incorrectly, as a weapon. Pots & Kettles do come to mind as well.
Since when has slipping in an idiom, idiosyncracy or colloquialism been a sign of poor grammar?
Do you usually become aggressively xenophobic when you've been found to have erred?

Last edited:
Raymond.
If you insist upon coming to my aid, would you at least consider holding your fire until such time as I am confronted by a worthy opponent.

"Fair go mate!"

Back