A worship song w/ dulcimer

This is good song, the vocals were right out there where they needed to be. The snare could have been brought out a little more for my tastes and the toms need a bit more definition. The guitar was great, nice and crisply recorded, just the way I like it.

This was nice...

Vice

Nice tune!

I noticed some intonation stuff with the vocals; sometimes a little sharp. (An octave jump can be a tough stretch on a good day). You may get some better results with intonation by breathing from your diaphragm; your whole body becomes involved in deep breathing and it becomes more controllable; intonation (or control) can be directly affected by that. The only other thing was that it needs a little more sparkle. Maybe enhance the dulcimer a little - it's a treble instrument and has that high drone sound that could add a little jump.

I'm listening again. damn man, and you keep going back and screwing around with this. that's fine, don't be satisfied. Keep on messing around. I find that the first inpression is the best, but then again I know nothing, can do nothing, and have no idea wtf is happening. I just know that the first listen was worth every singal second. cool. fun. great. keep tracking, dude.

dtb

I know man. I can't leave well enough alone. But it's all so I can get better. I am really starting to like experimenting. It seems like I understand more and more how all this crap works. I've recorded in local studios a few times but I just played my piece and split. I wish I would made better use of that time...Oh well. :D
Thanks for listening and for the encouragement.

Good tune over all Sonny, but a few little problems. The octave slide on the chorus' is a little weak. The only other distraction are the canned cymbal crashes. If you can get a hold of some real cymbals to replace them witrh it would go a long way. Not bad so far.

decent tune... I don't like the crash cymbal that pops up every so often, but it's a nice song.... every now and then the vocals sounded a hair out, but I am not much of a singer,so take that for what it's worth... it is a nice tune...

good job overall!

Back