A View Of The Stereo Spectrum

rapedbyape

This is the probably the wrong forum for this, but never mind. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program/plugin that shows all the different sections of the stereo spectrum. If digital audio programs can perform a cut of just the centre of a track (to cut a lead vocal, for example), is there anything that can give you an view of the 'stereo' track and let you cut certain sections (for example anything that is panned from 35 - 55 in the right speaker)?

This post probably makes no sense, but something like this would probably come in very handy for people wanting to try and isolate certain instruments. It probably exists already for all I know, I've only ever used Cakewalk and Cool Edit Pro.

the only thing that will remotely work is the waves plugin called PAZ anaylizer. it's quite expensive, and i'm not sure it will fully do what you are asking.

The only thing I've seen that will really "Isolate" a single sound without severly affecting the surrounding audio is Software by Cedar (Based on their Cambridge system). BIG $$$

rapedbyape said:
This is the probably the wrong forum for this, but never mind. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program/plugin that shows all the different sections of the stereo spectrum. If digital audio programs can perform a cut of just the centre of a track (to cut a lead vocal, for example), is there anything that can give you an view of the 'stereo' track and let you cut certain sections (for example anything that is panned from 35 - 55 in the right speaker)?

This post probably makes no sense, but something like this would probably come in very handy for people wanting to try and isolate certain instruments. It probably exists already for all I know, I've only ever used Cakewalk and Cool Edit Pro.
I agree, it's much easier to just isolate the track before you mix it.

Back