A very confusing query for Keyboards.

rahul

Dear Friends,

I just joined this group of late two days earlier and feel great to be with this community.

I want to buy a few equipments for midi sequensicng and recording.

I have thought to buy the following quuipments after getting a bank loan with great difficulty.

Is the Korg triton worth ...can i get a cheaper Keybord and then trigger the Korg Triton tones through a software via MIDI. In what way will Korg Triton help apart from its tones...is the Krama a good choice. I am confused a hell with this Keyboards at once. How abt the Korg LE and the Korg X5d. I need is good tones cause I will be making westrn classical music so the string and the brass has to be of an amazing tonal quality. what shla I do ?

Pls help me buddies...those who just wana type something excue this thread cause I need serious & honest counsilling.

Thanking you so much.
with kindest regards and anticipation.

Rahul.

I think the Motif has better brass sounds, but I like the Triton strings better. I personally like the Trton the best. The LE and Karma use the sequencers and the same synthesis technology as the Triton, but have less sounds available stock (But all of these keyboards including the MOTIF can be expanded with cards that offer more sounds), and they feature less options (although Karma is a whole different concept then the Tritons, and would be better live). Also check out the Roland Fantom XR, which is a rackmount unit with lots of onboard sounds and 6 expansion slots.
If you have a computer though, and want to use a software sampler, you'll get even better results. Something like GigaStudio might be good for you, combined with a controller keyboard. But I am a strong believer in hardware (so much easier to lug around for live playing).

Back