A Tribute Song For My Friend

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
My friend died last month and this is a tribute to him. I think I need to compress the strings a little and turn down that guitar solo. The first note on the bass also doesn’t mesh well with the strings. But other than that, I think it’s really coming along!

Attachments

• Everyone We Lost.mp3
    4.4 MB
Nice job, my only nit is that the strings step on the vocals in a few spots I'd do some careful automation. Sorry 4 your loss, you wrote a good song, I listened twice I like it. Also Automate the first guitar notes, try some reverb maybe.

Nice job, my only nit is that the strings step on the vocals in a few spots I'd do some careful automation. Sorry 4 your loss, you wrote a good song, I listened twice I like it. Also Automate the first guitar notes, try some reverb maybe.
I think I’m going to cut the low notes in the guitar solo. And yeah, I’ll have to automate the strings a bit. Thanks, PDP!

Sorry for your loss. It's a really nice track. I think the main nits have been noted above.

A little "She's Leaving Home" influence on this one, yes? :)

Nicely done - a fine tribute.

My friend died last month and this is a tribute to him. I think I need to compress the strings a little and turn down that guitar solo. The first note on the bass also doesn’t mesh well with the strings. But other than that, I think it’s really coming along!
Nice song eventhough can't hear the message clear maybe try to Write lyrics too or u have uploaded them on the YouTube?

Nice song. Thanks.

I can empathize. Lost a couple over the past 2 years myself.

On the mix, I confess I'm a serial "ducker" and when they get bigger than a few tracks I start bussing instruments together and duck the bunch against the vocal track. Just enough to let the consonants get through a bit. (I agree the guitar lead might fit better if it was a little "sweeter" and sustained. A little less OD and some delay maybe?)

Back