A track I've been working on

raindrops

I've recently got a new pc and now am getting back around to making toons.

Here is something I have been doing in a different style to my usual. The whole thing was completed inside Cubase using VST instruments and effects. See what you think?

It is not finished. And contrary to the link, it is not metal!
Length 2:54
Encoding rate 96 kbps
Size 2 mb

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/metal/nicksellen/

Enjoy!
Cheers
Ta
Nick

The track kind of grew on me. Thats pretty impressive work since you did it all in the computer.

I wanting to hear more loudness in the drums. Use a limiter or something to make it really big. I like the space around the drums.

I also think that a few more elements thrown in will enrich it(the mix).

Good job

'All in the computer'
Ack I lied accidently. Everything BUT the vocals bits (if you call them that!) which were mic recorded and mangled up in ReCycle and plugins. And the guitar palm mute bit which was obviously recorded with my guitar (plugged into Boss VF-1 + plugins).

I'm glad the track managed to grow on you. I like that. I like to make music that isn't just for a quick listen and is then put in the 'old' pile (ie Pop music). What I aim to do is to managed to recreate the atmosphere I felt when creating the piece for the listener, I like to get really involved and deep into each track that I make (very late nights and wine help here).

I am aware it is not the sort of music that is usually posted up here (Usually consisting of live bands) but I hope you can appriciate it all the same.

I like honesty and if you hate it tell me!

Thank you for listening.

Nick

Since I posted I have uploaded more stuff.

The original post was refering to Mild Steel Counterparts.

The others are also up for comment.

Thank you.

Nick

Back