A Spontaneously Created Song-- A White Room And A Broken Tune--

AaronChapman

Just curious on your thoughts of the song. Can't say I had any methodical process for creating this song. Started with an aleatory composition on my guitar, just some simple chords because I was feeling too lazy to replace

its strings. I found myself actually enjoying the sound so I hit record and just let whatever came to mind surface within the lyrics. I don't know how I feel about the whole thing but it's different from my usual approach.

Kind of a fun thing to try once in a while. I know there's going to be a lot to say regarding the overall quality. Yeah, I didn't exactly record it professionally. Do you think I should expand on the song? If so, in

what way?

Note: Note sure how you'll feel about the background dialogue. Probably doesn't sit well at the moment but I feel like it adds something.

Lyrics:
White room is a vacuum.
White room is a vacuum.
I'm drifting away.
I'm drifting away.
I'm a medium.
I'm a medium-
Is boredom.
I'm drifting away.
I'm drifting to you.
But you don't seem like a one,
To float away with me.
White room.
White noise.
White room
White noise.
White noise.

A White Room And A Broken Tune (Impromptu/offhand). by Aaron Chap | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
It sounds experimental. What it needs is more instrumentation or incidental riffs to make it less monotonous. Not that it's bad. But, the BG voices don't hold your attention the way nice riffs or even a few drums slaps would. When you finally got around to fiddling on the guitar my patience was gone.

I would expand on what you have and just add some more music.

Experimenting is FUN!

Back