A softer, gentler Rami......:D

R

RAMI

Not really...but this is a slower Rami, I guess.

Just need help on the levels. I always try to get away with the lowest possible volume I can get away with as far as my vocals are concerned. Hopefully, I don't have to bring them up. But if I do, I will.

Thanx in advance.

STUCK IN A DREAM

..............................................................................................................................................

Stuck In a Dream (Words and music by RAMI)

Let me introduce my selves
It changes every day
The devil got no sympathy
Not welcome in my own nightmare

Some things seem so far away
But they're really very small
Just walking a narrow line
Between a fool and a savior

Chorus:
Stuck in a dream in my dream
Caught in a sigh when I scream
Stuck in a dream again

There's no hope for yesterday
And tomorrow still never knows
Not all the wandering are lost
Some hear the silence screaming

Chorus:
Stuck in a dream again

There's malice in wonderland
Can't take the dream out of the dreamer

Chorus:
Stuck in a dream it's my dream
Stuck in a dream

Thanks Rami. I enjoyed listening to this track. It's up to your usual high standards. For me, it had a slight essence of Badfinger about it, which, for me, is good.

Love your stuff RAMI. Always a great balance of instruments. My only Crit is I don't care for the intro guitar's light overdrive/distortion. The scratchy sound. I am sure it was intentional because You probably didn't want just a clean tone. It sounds great without all the instruments, just not by itself....my opinion....not sure if it sticks out to others though.

Regardless....AWESOME tune.

Vocals are awesome! love the harmony, love the Freebird whistle also! I never listen to your stuff on days I plan to record. it just depresses the hell out of me. its really good. :D

Thanks Rami. I enjoyed listening to this track. It's up to your usual high standards. For me, it had a slight essence of Badfinger about it, which, for me, is good.
Thanx a lot, Gecko. Badfinger never crossed my mind, but I really love them, so that's a compliment. Thanx man.

Love your stuff RAMI. Always a great balance of instruments. My only Crit is I don't care for the intro guitar's light overdrive/distortion. The scratchy sound. I am sure it was intentional because You probably didn't want just a clean tone. It sounds great without all the instruments, just not by itself....my opinion....not sure if it sticks out to others though.

Regardless....AWESOME tune.
Thanx Bruthish. You kno,w that guitar sound was a point of much concern and discussion. I posted the intro in the "New Tone Thread" a few weeks ago and got help from Greg, RFR, and a few others. It started out as distorted as "Hell's bells", and got cleaner with every version, until it got to what you hear here, this is the cleanest it's been. I really didn't want a typical clean, Strat, neck pick-up sound so I tried keeping some dirt there. But I understand what you're saying about it being a little scratchy. I have the raw, un-amped tracks, so I can always go back and re-amp if need be. Thanx a lot.

Vocals are awesome! love the harmony, love the Freebird whistle also! I never listen to your stuff on days I plan to record. it just depresses the hell out of me. its really good. :D
HA! Freebird. It's actually a bird sound. I found a "nature" clip on Youtube and threw it in under that instrumental part, so you're hearing real birds there. Thanx a lot for the compliment, man.

Thanx for all the help so far. :cool:

In case anyone cares :D, all the guitar tracks on this tune were done with my brand new Gibson SGJ that I bought a few weeks ago. Not to be confused with the Epiphone SG that I bought a few months before that. :)

Love it.

I like the dirty grit guitar tone in the intro. It adds suspense and tension. Makes you look forward to whats next.

I didnt do shit. But it's nice to be semi useful once in a while.:D

Hehe...You and Greg gave me some advice on the tone. It would have ended up probably too distorted if you guys didn't steer me in the right direction. :cool:

Love the swirling lead stuff too. I had nuttin to do with that! :Dh

You might have had some help and advice along the way, but this is all you, baby.
Your song. Your writing, performing, producing, recording, ect.

Good job.

Love the swirling lead stuff too. I had nuttin to do with that! :D

Actually, that was inspired by you, too. If you look, you'll see that the word "swirl" has an "R" in it. RFR, has 2 of them. It's all you, baby. :D

:eek:

Wait...."Rami" also has an "R". Stop trying to teal my thunder. This is all me!!!! :(

:D

Bring the vocal down in the intro and bring the vocal down slightly less in the verses and chorus. (You're flip flopping a bit from the way you were mixing vocal levels a year or two ago.) Nice guitar tone! The birdie sounds could have a bit less room sound, but it's probably built into the recording. If I couldn't take room sound off the birdsong, I'd be trying slapback and stuff to make it unusual.

Good tune. Moves magisterially.

It sounds so good. The harmonies are fantastic.
Also, I really enjoyed this lyric:

Bring the vocal down in the intro and bring the vocal down slightly less in the verses and chorus. (You're flip flopping a bit from the way you were mixing vocal levels a year or two ago.) Nice guitar tone! The birdie sounds could have a bit less room sound, but it's probably built into the recording. If I couldn't take room sound off the birdsong, I'd be trying slapback and stuff to make it unusual.

Good tune. Moves magisterially.

OK, will do. Thanx. I'm probably trying to get it so that nobody tells me the vocals have to come up and I'm trying to find where that is. I'm glad you told me to being them down and not up.

The "room sound" on the birds is actually "no room sound". It's the sound of outdoors, that slight reverb you get in the woods from everything bouncing off the trees. But I hear what you're saying. I wish it was a little "drier", actually. I'll try some echo on it to make it weirder. Thanx a lot, Do.

---------- Update ----------

It sounds so good. The harmonies are fantastic.
Also, I really enjoyed this lyric:
:) Cool. Thanx a lot, Jessica.

Last edited:
It sounds real good to me. I really can't think of anything that needs improving. Maybe a little more crack on the snare? That's about it.

The tone on everything is nice. Well played. Nice use of stereo. check check check

Very good.

Back