a small electronic kit

zazz

hmmmm
i was wondering what the best approach would be to setting up a slimmed down kit that would enable me to lay down a good rythm into midi ..be it loops or straight thro..and then prehaps overlay with some fills cymbals ect .

i already have an alesis dmpro and a roland six pads in one type thing which is great...but i would like to let rip a bit and it all feels a bit constricted for me. Im not a drummer as such but i do have rythm ...maybe a snare and two toms plus bass drum???? roland or yamaha??

and for all you pro drummers out there ..i know a complex rythm structure is an art form in itself but a lot of the music i make relies on a more consistent groove rather than complex fills ect...but a good groove while simple to play on drums is a total pain if not impossible to pull off with programming...i already have had a lot of sucess with my roland six pack pad thingy.

also the reason for electronic is that i cannot make a huge noise at home and my wife will kill me if she saw anything resembelling a drum kit in the middle of our spare room!!!

oh yeah...i also love new order and electronic crossover type stuff..so electronic drums sounds sit just fine with me.

Since you already have the DMPro - I would think your best best would be to purchase an electronic kit (minus the brain). Both Pintech & Hart make kits which you could use with your DMPro - I would think that a basic 4 piece kit with some electonic cymbals/hi-hat) would be less than $500.

You could try to build your own - I suspect the results can be hit or miss. We attached some Hart triggers to a set of practise pads and triggered an Alesis D4 - it work well for basic hits (up to 16th notes), but it could not pick up things like "ghost notes" or buzz rolls.

Back