A Slow Guitar Blues - Please critique mix

Bass needs guts in the bottom. Kick: up. Might be a good idea to use volume enveloping to swell and diminish some parts to add dynamic salt...kinda too even throughout.

Then you need to edit out the clash of notes on a few passages....conflicting voices between the chording guit ,melody and bass. Some unravelling to do.

Thanks Jeffmaher,

More balls on the bass can do, dynamic variation should also be do-able, clashing notes - short of re-tracking - tricky.

Thanks again.

K.

At 3:40....the melody uses nat7....sounds like the piano is ringing out on the b7 or something....It's a series is passing gnashes. I think the only way to clear it up is to solo each part with the bass and melody...make sure all the added tones are intended, and leading correctly on the chords of the moment.

There are some other spots on the tune that, on second listen, might fall into place with a stronger bass note. The progression is tricky on the ears without a strong bass laying the foundation solidly. Picking that up might knit the chords that sound strange into shape..

But it seems to be notes ringing on the keys and/or arpeggiated guitar that fail to alter to new tonalities...ringing beyond the beats where they were OK. It's a thick scrum to decypher all at once.

Prolly just fade, or edit out parts for periods, that don't jive with the bass and melody....if any.

I like your musical ideas.:) That's the main thing.
The arpeggiated backing guitar has a strong character to it.

Less important stuff:
The lead guitar is doing some very pretty lines but it could use more varied rhythmic articulation to give its lines more expression. The main thing that I think needs fixing though is that the two guitars are often out of tune with each other. The clashes/dissonances Jeff mentioned don't bother me at all. Quite the opposite actually. Just the intonation.

Thanks again Jeff...

At around 3:38, about where the outro kicks in, I start plucking harmonics - with stereo chorus - pretty much the same notes that I start the tune off with. The delay in meeting new tonalities with the harmonics is an intentional effort to hype up the tension before the resolution, kind of like enjoying the cold before stepping into a hot bath; I guess its not working as I planned. Beef up the bass to provide a more solid foundation for the chords makes sense.

XLR: Thanks for the listen. Yes, there are a few less than pitch perfect notes there I must agree. I'm pretty fussy with the tuning, so it is my fretting of the notes that is responsible. I didn't use vibrato to compensate for not hitting the sweet spot, though I was hoping this would give the tune a certain "authentic" quality - but I take your point.

K.

Back