A secret...

TheRealWaldo

Something f'd up....

Since you all have been great for bringing in traffic to NoWhere, I'd like to let you in on something I am working on.

Streaming, exactly like they have on mp3.com, using SHOUTcast.

If you like, you can link directly to each songs stream like this:

http://142.59.127.47:8000/content/username/songfile.pls

For example, 2lim's song, Today's Fix can be played with this link:

http://142.59.127.47:8000/content/2lim/2lim-TODAYS_FIX.pls

Just replace .mp3 with .pls in the filename, drop your NoWhere username in after /content/ and walla!

That should fix issues with people streaming using Windows Media Player. Please, when you can, still direct people to the site (I need the traffic on the actual website to generate revenue to keep it running...) But, if there is people having trouble streaming, or you don't want the song downloaded, link to the song this way.

I will have the option built into the site soon, so that you can 'turn on' an optional link for people to play in their player of choice instead of the embedded windows media player.

W.

Waldo, i am going to choke you! Are you going to start charging for posting songs at nowhere radio? The benefits are great and i really do appreciate them, but right now i can only afford free. :(

t

No, read the e-mail again.

We will be offering HOSTING services for websites (aside from hosting your mp3's). If you want a host where you can create your own page, without ads etc., with your own domain, etc., etc.

I'm looking for ways to fund the expense of hosting your MP3's, and one way is offering outside services. You guys cost me about $500-$700 a month right now!

The main functions of the website, etc. will remain free. (Everything you see now).

Only services such as mastering, recording, live-recording, venue-hookups (management), advanced promotion, production, multi-media development, pro hosting, live video streaming, etc. will cost money. If you don't use any of those services through me, you won't be spending a cent!

Remember, I'm doing this to help the artists, but I am already broke and can only do it while I can afford it, so I have to have means to generate income to cover the expense...

W.

Cool Waldo, i see what you mean. Your plans sound great to me, and hopefully, when i get me a website set up that's worth fooling with, i'll have the money to have it hosted. I think your site would be a great place for that, and it is great that you are working with the people who use your site for input. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. Thanks for your support to people like me!

t

Back