a quick one

MemoGtr

Así o más verger?
hey everyone
i was checking my 012's (i havent got the chance to try them :( ) and i was wondering in which cases would you guys use de -10dB capsule???

i dont think its needed to mic my acoustic is it?

Definitely not needed for acoustic. The only time I use the pads on the MC 012s is when I use them on drum overheads.

eaaa ok!!

its good to know....
thank you comingsecond/DJL :cool:

also if you think theres something else i should know about them please let me know (i just dont want to screw them...not so fast hehe)

memo

Yo Memo! A couple of tips- The writing on the bodies, including the cardioid symbol on the caps will wear off if handled frequently. Also- The threads on the components are very fine, so be *very careful* not to cross-thread them. Gentle handling will go a long way here. They are very prone to "popping", so I often use pop filters even when using them as guitar mics. For vocals, try 2 pop filters, 5cm apart. Best of luck-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
Yo Memo! A couple of tips- The writing on the bodies, including the cardioid symbol on the caps will wear off if handled frequently. Also- The threads on the components are very fine, so be *very careful* not to cross-thread them. Gentle handling will go a long way here. They are very prone to "popping", so I often use pop filters even when using them as guitar mics. For vocals, try 2 pop filters, 5cm apart. Best of luck-Richie
Very good advice... and don't drop them. :)

DJL said:
Very good advice... and don't drop them. :)
This, of course, is good advice for any mic. That said, I've never dropped the entire mic, but I've dropped the capsules several times (on carpet) with absolutely no effect in the sound.

cominginsecond said:
This, of course, is good advice for any mic. That said, I've never dropped the entire mic, but I've dropped the capsules several times (on carpet) with absolutely no effect in the sound.
I've never dropped any mic or part of a mic before... but I've tossed a few in my days. :D

Hey, I'm sorry for calling your stuff shit, that was uncalled for on my part and I'm sorry for that rude comment.

DJL said:
Hey, I'm sorry for calling your stuff shit, that was uncalled for on my part and I'm sorry for that rude comment.
That's all right. We just need to be more civil to the people we encounter on these boards. It's easy to forget you're dealing with real people. I'm sorry I said you were a moron.

that's beautiful i love it when people make up. DJL do you remember when we made friends? I've hardly dropped on the Mic board since cos of the lack of a decent flame war :rolleyes:

noisedude said:
that's beautiful i love it when people make up. DJL do you remember when we made friends? I've hardly dropped on the Mic board since cos of the lack of a decent flame war :rolleyes:
Yeah I know, but you and I could go a few rounds for fun again if you want? J/K :)

cominginsecond said:
That's all right. We just need to be more civil to the people we encounter on these boards. It's easy to forget you're dealing with real people. I'm sorry I said you were a moron.
I agree. :cool:

DJL said:
Yeah I know, but you and I could go a few rounds for fun again if you want? J/K :)

hey man, i didn't even buy the B1 when i had the chance. you got nothing on me to start a fight over! unless you start picking on my little behringer mixer .. in which case, you're on! :D

Back