A question for JPW

I have a pork loin to roast (in the oven) tomorrow. Any ideas for a marinade?
Root beer along with some crushed pepper, garlic and a little soy sauce.
Honestly, you can soak pig in anything and it will come out good.....use your imagination and see what happens:D

Root beer along with some crushed pepper, garlic and a little soy sauce.
Honestly, you can soak pig in anything and it will come out good.....use your imagination and see what happens:D

I was thinking some islay whiskey (e.g. laphraiog) to get a nice smokey flavour :) not sure what else though

I guess some brown sugar would but good to caramalise and get a nice brown colour?

I thought salty stuff (soy) in maranades was bad as it will pull moisture from the meat and dry it out?

I was thinking some islay whiskey (e.g. laphraiog) to get a nice smokey flavour :) not sure what else though

I guess some brown sugar would but good to caramalise and get a nice brown colour?

I thought salty stuff (soy) in maranades was bad as it will pull moisture from the meat and dry it out?
go easy on the whisky, brown sugar is great and if you have enough liquid...the soy sauce won't dry it out.....just cover it up in the fridge and your good.

For sweetness, I like to actually pack on some grilling sauce...Jay makes a killer Damn hot one that has just a bit of bite...I water it down with some stuff...maybe soy sauce, maybe some worstechire or something...it gives it some sweetness. I imagine just about any good BBQ sauce you can get would work...I don't think it's feasable for Jay to ship to you....:D

Mix in some salt, pepper, garlic....whatever you like to give it flavor....It will taste killer...:D

For sweetness, I like to actually pack on some grilling sauce...Jay makes a killer Damn hot one that has just a bit of bite...I water it down with some stuff...maybe soy sauce, maybe some worstechire or something...it gives it some sweetness. I imagine just about any good BBQ sauce you can get would work...I don't think it's feasable for Jay to ship to you....:D

Mix in some salt, pepper, garlic....whatever you like to give it flavor....It will taste killer...:D

Yeah, I think the shipping costs to middle earth are quite high :D

I think I'm going to stick some chippotle in there, with islay whiskey, brown sugar, worcestershire, garlic

pics to follow :)

Ok, in the marinade are....

Garlic
Thyme
Stubbs BBQ rub
worcestershire sauce
black pepper
orange juice
Chippotle sauce
hot sauce
caol ila scotch wiskey
lots of brown sugar

more pics to follow tomorrow

Attachments

• ingredients.JPG
    ingredients.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 24
  • marinade.JPG
    marinade.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 25
  • marinading.JPG
    marinading.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 24
looks tasty guys

i made some salmon with a brown sugar, white wine, garlic, chicken broth topping

spinach on the side.... yum :D

-- after reading dogmans post.. i forgot.. i put soy sauce in there also

looks tasty guys

i made some salmon with a brown sugar, white wine, garlic, chicken broth topping

spinach on the side.... yum :D

-- after reading dogmans post.. i forgot.. i put soy sauce in there also

Cooking is actually quite fun.....and eating it is better...:D

Gandalf, you do live in the UK correct? (that's what I gathered from previous post...might be wrong...)

you bet!... i love cooking :D

Me too.....

When I was about 10 my mum workeed silly hours ('cos my dad is a usless fuck and didn't work most of the time) and I generally had to cook dinner every dad ('cos my dad is a usless fuck) so I was cooking full Sunday roasts for 5 people at 10 and it just went from there really....

Now I live alone, but what I like to do is cook up big meals that can be frozen on weekends then week days, I just stick something from the freezer in the microwave and not long later my dinner is ready :) great as I work long hours and have over 3 hours per day driving to/from work......

Oh, and my dad is still a useless fuck, at leats I presume he is as I haven't spoken to him in about 8 years

I figured as such, but was gonna pimp Jay's grilling sauce if you could get it. It's the kind of stuff you want to eat with a spoon...it is very tasty. :D

these guys come to a farmers market we have at work every month...

http://www.gringleygringo.com/

Their chippotle sauce is good and the chillie jelly is fantastic :)

When i'm peckish I just ghrab a cooked sausage or bit of chicken from the oven, smear some chippotle or chilli jelly over it and chow down :D

Me likes the hot stuff :p

Me too.....

When I was about 10 my mum workeed silly hours ('cos my dad is a usless fuck and didn't work most of the time) and I generally had to cook dinner every dad ('cos my dad is a usless fuck) so I was cooking full Sunday roasts for 5 people at 10 and it just went from there really....

Now I live alone, but what I like to do is cook up big meals that can be frozen on weekends then week days, I just stick something from the freezer in the microwave and not long later my dinner is ready :) great as I work long hours and have over 3 hours per day driving to/from work......

Oh, and my dad is still a useless fuck, at leats I presume he is as I haven't spoken to him in about 8 years

sorry to hear about your dad :(

i have a really good friend that never had a dad...

it was about that age when i started to cook also. parents usually busy... and thats when i first mastered the mushroom omlette :)

sorry to hear about your dad :(

i have a really good friend that never had a dad...

it was about that age when i started to cook also. parents usually busy... and thats when i first mastered the mushroom omlette :)

Nothing to be sorry about dude, to me he just doesn't exist.....

Anyway, at least I learned how to cook, 'cos as Robert Rodriguez says, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck.... :D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gO8EiScBEjA

Experimentation is the name of the game...I try alot of different things. Some are edible, some my dogs won't even look at....:D

Experimentation is the name of the game...I try alot of different things. Some are edible, some my dogs won't even look at....:D

I was a student for 5 years, so that stuff your dogs won't look at is the stuff I was mostly eating :D

but I agree about experimentation, I don't have recepies for any of the stuff I cook, I just make it up as I go......

some my dogs won't even look at....:D

18.gif

yeah.. after awhile.. you get good at what combinations might or might not work.. alot like painting and music

Back