A question for Delta 44/66 owners

Aren

Hi,

Can any of you guys tell me what are you using your second pair of analog outputs for? I mean, If you want to mix entirely ona computer, then obviously 2 outputs are enough, and if you want to mix on an external board then you obviously need at least 8 outputs. The only use I can see for it, is using outboard effects. Any other uses?

Oren

You can use it for outboard gear, just like you said. But not only things like reverbs/delays...try putting a track out through a good preamp when you're mixing a cut. Then you time correct for your sample buffer, to make up for latency.

It's a great trick and will amaze your friends!:)

H2H

I use the delta 1010, but same thing just more ins and outs.

I use the extra outputs for monitoring while tracking. I'll send an output of the vocal track, bass track, whatever to an input on the mixer and then control the level there via fader while tracking. This reminds me of the vocal latency thread, but using this method does not induce any impeding latency while tracking.

I only do this when using direct instruments, i.e. bass, pod, or if the vocal is going through a pre other than the mixer. Otherwise I just monitor the signal off the board.

I've always wondered the same thing too. Since I do all my mixing in the computer, I only need a left and right out to the monitors. But I am glad to have the 4 inputs naturally.

you could always use it to route subliminal messages to the people you are tracking.

Pay - 5 minutes of tracking - Client leaves without mentioning a thing about the money

Works great for me.

Darnold

Back