A Part of Love - alternative-pop-rock

It's easy in Studio One 2, From the S12 Browser, Go to Files Tab, find your stereo wave file, Right click or click, and choose, split to mono files,,,
and even easier in Studio One 3,, Go to the Pool, Right Click the Stereo Track and Choose Split to mono files,,,

THen add the mono files to your song,,

hey, i tried doing this last night on a new track. I was able to split the stereo into two mono files. However, the Studio One resource page states to use a binaural pan effect on each for the separation. Should I keep these at 100% width plus hard L and R pan? The "width" function is what is throwing me off.

However, even after doing this, the cymbals seem to be completely panned to me. And that was the original complaint from a couple listeners - that the cymbals were 100% panned each way. (so i don't see how splitting them into two mono files and hard panning those completely makes a difference when compared to a single, centered stereo overhead track). I would like to give the cymbals some space in between them as well...like one cymbal is hard panned L, another is 70% L and so on... or is already doing that with the single stereo track and I'm not picking it up?

ugh, lots of questions in there, sorry.

Sorry for the late reply...

I read back through most of the posts,,, I was just replying to what I thought was your question,,
I think I see what your after now,,, Looks like you really just want to control the stereo filed of the OH's..

Binaural pan will work on a stereo track, so leaving them the stereo bounce track would worked and dial the width to the left to Mono would bring them in to center more, even mono,,, but since you split them, could send to am OH Bus,,, but I'm need to log on to Studio One,,, been a while since I use Binaural Pan and Dual Pan,,,
I'll try to get back here tomorrow, after I try some things,,, I do remember I did something to gain a little more control over the OH stereo track from EZD2, which wasn't so easy,, but they are OH's,,,

I just got the Melodyne Studio 4 and I bet it would allow adjustment like you want,,, I haven't had time to play with it yet,, lol,,,

Ya know, after listening to the original again, with the split tracks separate. bring them in closer to center,, ,
And from what I hear I would dial them back in the mix a bit, even use multiband compressor on the high frequencies to tame them a bit,,
I really like the McDSP AE400 for this,,,

Back