A nice site for newbies with any kind of recording/music questions

wjgypsy

A nice site for newbies with any kind of recording/music questions

www.freewebz.com/audiotech

Not trying to bad mouth this site or noting. This site (homerecording.com) is the best, but for some of you that need all the help you can get, try this site.

Zeke

From the site:
Submiting Your Question(s)

To get started all you have to do is submit your question(s) to: rainrecords1@yahoo.com . It should be answered with in 24 hours. Also, check out our link page, full of cool links to recording threads, online music stores with the best deals and much more!

Thanks for using Audio Tech!

Here's my question --
Who's providing the accurate technical information? (note the word "accurate"!)

Oh - and here's another question:
What LINK page???????

Last edited:
It all comes from the big book of audio recording and the internet Mr. Bear.

and the link page hasn't been added yet.

Yes, it is just a page with a e-mail address. isn't that all that you need to ask questions?

Blue Bear Sound said:
From the site:
It should be answered with in 24 hours.
Another point.... why would someone wait up to 24 hours for an answer when they could come to one of the many fine forums such as this one and get answers in considerably less time? (such as minutes, in some cases!)

Yo Bear of the Northern Extremes:

I went to that site to sight in and get some insight. I asked a question about my 2816 and in 15 minutes got a resonse. I posted a response and a clarification -- I got an answer back in ten minutes. And, the answer was succinct and clear and the person answering was really trying to help.

So, if anyone helps, like you do often, I admire that.

Green Hornet:D :p :p :cool:

I spent hours exploring www.studiocovers.com. It has links to a lot of excellent information...especially for newcomers. Check it out! It's nice!

I'm less inclined to send a question via email since I'm in discovery mode right mode. If there's something very specific I need to ask, I may revisit the other site. However, I'll probably post it here so others may benefit, too.

Jay

I have this mental image of Zeke sitting by his computer waiting for someone to email a question to so that he can madly pour over his back issues of HomeRecording magazine to plagiarize an answer back!

:D :D

Making Zeke's Day

If Zeke get that much fun out of answering questions from folks what doesn't know what they're doing, I'd hate to deny him that pleasure. I figure everyone is someone else's unplowed field, and everyone needs friends who are unplowed fields... someone who wants to learn more about something, hear new music, or just explore another world. What's the sense of knowing something if you can't share it?

I'll end up making your day every once in awhile, Zeke. My black gospel, rhythm and blues folk and jazz fields bear a rich harvest, but my home-recording field is still unplowed.. :-)

Jerry

Blue Bear Sound said:
Another point.... why would someone wait up to 24 hours for an answer when they could come to one of the many fine forums such as this one and get answers in considerably less time? (such as minutes, in some cases!)

I'm on the net for the most part of the day, after school anyways. and i'm just saying 24hours to cut me some slack if i get to where i can't answer the questions for hours, i'll have that to back me up. Get your tail off your sholders blue bear, remember, i'm just a kid with noting else to do. I'm not a 34 year old devorced parent, whos in debt and has to pay off 2 morages on his house with in the next 30 years.

remember, i'm just a kid with noting else to do. I'm not a 34 year old devorced parent, whos in debt and has to pay off 2 morages on his house with in the next 30 years.

All that is irrelevant. The point is, what makes you an expert? What would attract anyone to come to you to ask questions about recording? And if indeed your expertise all comes from "the big book of audio recording and the internet," what value are you adding to anyone who is attempting to find out about this stuff? Anyone can get a big book on audio recording, or look on the internet. What do you bring to the table?

Even if you did have expertise and knowledge, you can't write well enough to even parrot back stuff that you might dig up (unless you merely cut and paste other's writing, which by the way is called plagiarism), and your spelling is atrocious.

Blue Bear is merely asking the obvious.

Thanks, i'm glad you did.

my website is for those that are to lazy to look through a thick book to find their answer. And the're many people out there that are not good with computers, let-anlone, the internet. About the 34 year old guy thing, are you saying that i was calling BB that? If you were, then i'm sorry to say that you are wrong. Besides, i have already helped out a good bit of "Newbies" and that's enough resion for me to keep this site going.

Cut Zeke a break. He is not charging you anything and even if he quotes from a book, he takes the time and trouble to answer questions to the best of his ability and at no charge.

Don't Need No expert

When I need an answer, I'll go to Zeke... not because he's an expert, but because he wants to help people. I don't know if I could understand an "expert." Good teachers are people who remember what it's like to be confused and overwhelmned, who can put the information someone needs into language that they can understand, without making the person feel stupid.

Thanks for what you're doing, Zeke, even though I haven't asked you for any help. Yet.

Jerry

Back