A new track (IN PROGRESS)

Nivrock

Hey guys!
Last time I asked for feedback on this forum, I was pretty much bashed by everybody. And, I am in need of your valuable criticism again . :P
I have recently started making a new song and the first part is done and I have released the preview of it. Now, I'd like to know 2 things.
1) Flaws/Positive points in the preview.
2) Where to take the song from here?
I've been feeling a little low on inspiration lately so it would be really nice if you could suggest me some ways on how to take this track ahead.
Thanks in advance! :D
SONG LINK - https://soundcloud.com/nivrock/nivrock-believe-me-now-preview

I'm gonna start by saying this ain't my genre, as a qualifier. However, I do listen to all kinds of music, just don't MAKE all kinds. The thing I have noticed that stands out on really creative tracks like this is the ability to shift gears effortlessly at different points in the song to maintain interest in what is inherently a repetitive style. You can keep that kick going while changing up the rhythm on the keys, maybe fade that main riff up high and bring in a half-speed chordal harmonic bed that you can put a vocal or another lead on top of, but change it up. I'm just asking too, but do you layer many sounds? A number of the patches sound familiar here and just thnking you might want to go more out on a limb for some parts. It's a nice production, you fill the spectrum well, but it does come across as a beginning.

1) Flaws/Positive points in the preview.
I find that you have the basic structure for the song, which is something valuable. Although it can sound rather repetitive to some people, it has defined parts where you vary the instrument.

2) Where to take the song from here?
Not sure about that, because it is a personal decision over your song. Maybe you can vary the tempo or the meter, from 4/4 to 3/4 to create some disruptive effect. Try it and see where that gets you...

So, I tried creating a disruptive effect and messed up with the beats a little, and this is where I reached. :D
https://soundcloud.com/nivrock/nivrock-believe-me-now
Once again, I need your valuable criticism on two things:
1) Positive points in the song.
2) Flaws or places where the song can be improved.
This was just my 3rd song, and I hope I can learn from your suggestions. Thank you :D

I like the change up in the beats, I like the sounds introduced in the last 3rd of the song. I'm still a little bored by the sounds of the chorded parts in first 3rd of the song because they sound like a lot of stuff I've heard. I also like how you used delay on some parts. I still would like to hear other melodic ideas play off that main riff. The overall sound is good, seemed to have more depth this time.

Back