a new song by old rats

rats

This is a new song I wrote together with my band the Blue Sunrays. This is the first and only song we have written together as a band, ususally someone brings a song they have written to the table and we work out the parts and changes, but this one just kind of happened one night. We came up with the music jammimg, worked out the changes, then I added some lyrics based on conversations we were having that summer eve while listening to the katydids and passing around the peace pipe.

The song is called Sugar Bowl, and is intended to be the opener for the new CD. Go ahead and tear me a new asshole on this, looking to get this sounding as good as possible.

The song can be found here at Nowhere.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1155&alid=-1

Last edited:
WTF...Over...

It's a conspiracy. I can't get either site to come up, will try again later.

Great song, loved the retro vibe.

Only two things I noticed, both related to a delay or repeat effect and the interval of the repeats.

1 - There is a sort of phaser affect that sweeps across the stereo field in the first 30 seconds of the song, very cool sounding but the repeat interval seems to be out of sync with the beat of the song.

2 - Same comment for the echo effect used on a guitar (I think?) at ~0:40 and 0:55.

Thanks Phyl!!! You know I've never been one to be too overly concerned with the effects matching the timing right on beat for beat. It doesn't seem natural to me. I think you hear that more with electronic music. I'd be interested to hear what other people think on that matter though. Maybe I'm just kidding myself.:D

Last edited:
Cool song rats. Lotta energy. Something makes me think of Alice Cooper during the second half of the song. I like the long intro

Back