a new model?

Escalator?

Has anyone heard anything about Fostex coming out with a new model? I was in a music store today, to ask about their price on the VF160, and the guy told me (apparently repeating what the Fostex company had told him when he called) that there's a new model that'll be available in under a month.
It's not actually fully new, he said, but it's an upgrade to the VF160. (A memory upgrade I think).

Does anyone know anything about this?

I saw a picture of it on the back of an American Musical Supply catalog that a guy at work had. I had never seen the model # before. I guess I know why now.
You might be able to see it on their site.

I know in Japan there's a new VF160 version 2. This incorporates the 2.02 software upgrade. I am guessing the "new" model has decals for the added features that 2.02 offers. Maybe also a bigger hard drive... In Japan, they have 80gig models of the VF160.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I spoke with tech support at Fostex. The VF160EX is the same as the present day VF160, except that it ships with version 2.02, always has a built-in CDR, and no longer has SCSI output.

Plus the facia color is white/silver?

Back