A New logic pro 9 recording/mix i did *soundclick link*

I have to be honest and say the beat needs more work. The "hey-hey-hey-hey" thing going about makes it a little annoying and it kind of takes the focus away from the lyrics, which should be central in rap music. I guess it's only a matter of taste though, but yeah I would definately change the beat. You have good rhythm in your vocals and your voice is cool. Overall it is not bad but needs more work.

Thanks for the feedback, thats very interesting as it's actually a Tyga cover song, so the beat wasn't mine but tyga/universal musics :) i just did my kinda version/take on it on the mp3 instrumental..Thanks for the compliments though on my vocals :)

Haha well I am not shocked to hear that. As I said it's only a matter of taste, but that beat tasted like sulphur in my musical mouth. Whether or not you like the beat, you should personalize it by making your own. I suggest using Reason 6.0 for it, you can make smooth sounding beats although it has a learning curve. Otherwise this is just karaoke. But yeah, your rapping and voice is good.

Hey Master. That's definitely the cleanest vocal I've heard from you. Well done.

This is personal preference I guess, but I'd maybe put a little warning in the OP.
I'm pretty sure there are a few guys around who 'don't dig'. :p

Hahha thanks stein..apparently by another using ive been told my vocals sound too 'flanged'..and also need a de-esser/compression..would you agree? i think perhaps compressin definetely..:) ps: i dont normally rap crap stereotypical material like this..but is more of a play around you know to learn and brush up than anything serious

I was aware of a strong stereo effect, but I wouldn't say it was a problem!

Either way, vox are nice and clear, and that's the main thing.

great :) yeah i need to get my speakers from downstairs and get them hooked up :) so i got proper monitors in fairness :)

You know, I would love to hear you cover No Tears by Scarface. Now that's some gangsta motherf*ckin shit right there :D But please, make your own beat.

of course..like i said, these are just practise raps for flow and purely the basis i am the world's worst studio engineer therefore the more i record the more practise i get..

Back