a new hope for swedish hardcore

ragata

Just finished tracking a demo for a local punk/hardcore outfit earlier today, and just finished a rough mix of a couple of the songs. I have not A/B'd the mix on any other system (something which I usually try to do) but I would still very much like some feedback on where I'm heading with it :)
The guitars are tracked through a modified jcm900 / Carvin cab with a sm57 and a Beyer m260 as well as a ADK sc-1 a couple of meters away (kissing the floor). Vocals are done with a ADK A51e, and I used a pair of SC-1's, a bunch of sm57's, one m201 and a bets52 on the kit. All that through a few Dynamix3000 modules, a soundcraft spirit folio and into a motu2408 mkII to Cubase Sx.
This was a location recording on the dancefloor of a local club, btw ;)

Thanks!

- Linus

A very enjoyable listen! Guitar/Drum timing seemed to be off a tad in the beginning and a certain parts along the length of the song but it adds to the " I don't give a fuck, I just want it loud" attitude the music has. Vocals seem a to crowd the mix a bit and the guitars could use a bit more depth, but the song is cool. I like...

From here I would turn the guitars up, or at least EQ up some of the highs in the guitars.

I feel sorry for that guy's vocal chords.

Thanks for your time, guys!
I agree with you both, the guitars needs some more meat and could also come up a notch. The vocals might need some more definition too.

Jake: Yeah, he was kinda sore-throated after 12 songs like this one ;)

Back