A nasty problem

mr_dee

Hi,
I recently installed a new sound card, an Avance logic 4000.
I run CB VST24 3.7 R2 on an IBM Aptiva with 64 Mb RAM, AMD K6-2 400 Mhz processor.
Now, whenever I try to record audio, the recording stops suddenly, which is not the main problem since it works when I redo.
The main problem is that when I play back audio, all of a sudden my left channel stops playing. (It still gives output in the monitor, but not in the master).
Yet when I check the WAV file in Cool edit pro everything seems normal. When I export a file however (a mixdown) and I check in CE pro, I have a bit of two channel stereo, but at some point my left channel is empty. I do not have this problem in other applications.
When I open Input from the audio menu and click on that, my left channel starts responding again for a little while.

Could anyone help me out here as this problem is extremely annoying.

Many Thanks,
Frankie.

Is the drop out in exactly the same place every time or is random? How much I/O does your sound card have, and have you downloaded the latest asio drivers for it?

Is the drop out in exactly the same place every time or is random? How much I/O does your sound card have, and have you downloaded the latest asio drivers for it?

Hi,

I don't know if your problem is anything like mine, but when I reinstalled Windoz on my machine, I installed Cubase 3.7 24 before my soundcard (Soundblaster Live!, I'm sorry). Needless to say, Cubase didn't like that very much, and refused to record or playback at all!!! After reinstalling Cubase and my soundcard several times (without success, of course) I decided to uninstall Cubase and to remove ALL of its entries in the registry (with RegEdit). Then I reinstalled Cubase and, guess what? I worked!
To remove all the registry entries do this:
*Start menu
*Run...
*Type "RegEdit"
In RegEdit:
*Edit
*Find...
*Type "Cubase"
*Delete all the entries

Hope it helps
SM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by unreal:
Hi,

I don't know if your problem is anything like mine, but when I reinstalled Windoz on my machine, I installed Cubase 3.7 24 before my soundcard (Soundblaster Live!, I'm sorry). Needless to say, Cubase didn't like that very much, and refused to record or playback at all!!! After reinstalling Cubase and my soundcard several times (without success, of course) I decided to uninstall Cubase and to remove ALL of its entries in the registry (with RegEdit). Then I reinstalled Cubase and, guess what? I worked!
To remove all the registry entries do this:
*Start menu
*Run...
*Type "RegEdit"
In RegEdit:
*Edit
*Find...
*Type "Cubase"
*Delete all the entries

Hope it helps
SM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Unreal and thanks Gord.
I discovered I installed the wrong driver for my card (stupid *&*&%%%), everything works good as gold now.
Nevertheless, I do blame the manufacturer and the sales people, since the drivers on the CD ROM that came with it did not contain the correct driver, and there were 2 possible other ones on the website, one of which didn't do the job properly.
But thanks ever so much for your help, it is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Frankie (aka Mr. Dee).

Back