a Must-Have plugin

Every couple years or so ... someone posts that thing.

And it never ceases to be worth at least a few new chuckles.

I still think they need to add a "Southside Glen" preset. Some guy standing there in your studio ... pontificating his random audio knowledge, endlessly. You would have to include a "pause" button, of course, or you wouldn't get much done, I would imagine. :eek:

You could also have a Chessrock preset. If your talent gets out of line, you just load up chessrock and have him start a verbal argument. Would also be useful when working with someone you don't like very much ... get them to leave a lot quicker :D .

The newest version of Reaper has a clone of it... ReaStudioVisitor.

Well, it probably will soon.

I still think they need to add a "Southside Glen" preset. Some guy standing there in your studio ... pontificating his random audio knowledge, endlessly. You would have to include a "pause" button, of course, or you wouldn't get much done, I would imagine. :eek:

Now where did that restraining order go..........

You must be descendents of rival Chicago gangsters from back in the day. FWIW, it has a certain entertainment value when you guys don't take it too seriously. No horse heads in the beds though, OK? ;)

Reactions: XLR
A myhatbroke preset would be awesome. The resentful girlfriend preset really gets my ass, i mean mix, kicking.

It needs a Walters plugin that endlessly asks pointless questions that could be answered by trial and discovery.

OK, so you guys mentioned the following HR members as potential StudioVisitor presets: SouthsideGlen, Myhatbroke, Sweetnubs, walters, chessrock. Did I leave anybody out?

But...

I think what is really needed is not a StudioVisitor preset to process audio in reaction to them, but a totally new plugin for text editing that would adapt HR posts to react to them in characteristic style. It would be automatically applied by the server following any post by the aforementioned. The plugin would identify your own writing style and posting history, then edit your post to reflect a predicted reaction to their style... rage, sarcasm, condescending lecturing, withdrawal, threats, submission, mindless agreement, praise, violence, apathy, redirection...

It'd be even cooler if it was developed into a "virtual world"... animated avatars representing each of us interacting with each other that we all view in real time. My avatar looks like a cross between Brad Pitt and early 80s Schwarzenegger BTW.

"I recently mixed a flute solo using the VSV Ninja preset. A week later, we recut the solo with an actual Ninja in the studio, and I swear you could not tell the difference! It was that similar! Amazing product."

Amazing quote...:D

Back