A midi keyboard, a few Kontakt instruments and a vocal sample...

Man I used to have one grand daughter that we would watch regularly ...it was awesome...now we have 6 grand kids ( 3 boys, 3 girls) 5 to 18...still pretty awesome...but it can get a bit crazy when they are all here..... Grand Kids....the bonus round!

For just screwing round for a couple hours this for certain does not suck........ So a vocal sample you say so this vocal and the lyrics were out there on the internets and you just added music to it or something else...please splain

Yes very clean and clear. Super sounding voice. Amazing it is a sample.

The C-F-G rounder tho needs a break somewhere. Something as simple as a Dm to G7 before going back to the C.

Still a cool little ditty - my favorite kind of song.

Man I used to have one grand daughter that we would watch regularly ...it was awesome...now we have 6 grand kids ( 3 boys, 3 girls) 5 to 18...still pretty awesome...but it can get a bit crazy when they are all here..... Grand Kids....the bonus round!

Yeah it's great. 6 grand kids is cool, for me the more the merrier!

I've got 4 kids aged between 23 and 33 and there's 2 grandchildren at the momemt with another due in 5-6 months, hopefully there'll be more.

For just screwing round for a couple hours this for certain does not suck........ So a vocal sample you say so this vocal and the lyrics were out there on the internets and you just added music to it or something else...please splain

You pretty well got it. The vocal sample is part of a pack that was bought online somewhere a few years ago then not used. I just came across it again and decided to put some music to it to pass a bit of time. Not much to it really.

Yes very clean and clear. Super sounding voice. Amazing it is a sample.

This is the raw sample, I don't know who sung it:

View attachment Boys_Can_Cry_Too_Cmaj_120_BPM_Lead_Vocals_Dry.mp3

The C-F-G rounder tho needs a break somewhere. Something as simple as a Dm to G7 before going back to the C.

Still a cool little ditty - my favorite kind of song.

I agree it is a bit monotonous! If I ever revisit it (which I probably won't) I'll certainly change it up.

Nope , I didn't think it sucked at all ! I liked it and I thought the vox track fit well. I was just impressed by the clarity of the intro. I got interrupted and didn't finish my reply. Enjoyed it .. mark

I like the intro too... :-)

I like this. Quite listenable. Not sure how it was put together, but good job. Maybe a little too much highs on the guitars, but it's a real nit.

Are the guitars midi?

I once posted a song collaboration on SoundCloud that used the vox from one of those sample packs. Samples were free to use on commercial projects. Someone else used the same sample on a Youtube song video. I got threatened and my song was pulled down for plagiarism. I cleared it up with them but never attempted to repost it . I figured their AI would just flag it again. You did a good job with the EQ and FX on the raw sample .. mark

The only 'real' instrument is the tongue drum.
Cool. I made a recording many years ago which used a midi guitar from Kompakt - sort of a mini version of Kontakt IIRC. Anyway your guitar sounded exactly like that. Since they’re both from NI, I’m guessing it’s the same sample.

Back