A mic for recording from the computer?

ItzCashew

I need a new mic something thats right for beginners. Im going to use it for the Computer....so i might need a preamp for it. I have about $150 ro spend and nothing more. Can someone help me out plz?

Check out the Blue SnoBall and some other USB mics. Those might be your best bet for something to start out with, just so you don't have to hear the fan and hard drive buzz from your internal microphone. They have built-in pres and converters, so all you need to buy is the mic. What are you looking to record? I'm sure there are some simple mics to help you start out somewhere out there.

sounds err, well, the quality sucks but the song is good! is that a guys voice or a girls though?

i think you need a lil more than a mic.. the entire project sounds well, crappy. what kinda soundcard/interface are you using?

Hey Pecan, am I reading your post correct? Are you really looking for something to record from your computer?

Because if that's the case, then the answer should be simple. Look for a computer mic.

You see ... you need to record from your computer. You need a computer mic. Got it?

Good luck.

I am using a computer mic.

I need a better computer plus equipment. ANd my soundcard is....dont laugh.....its onboard i had a PCI soundcard but it didnt work properly so i had to return it.

Well if u can give me a rundown of what i might need to get...

ItzCashew said:
I need a new mic something thats right for beginners. Im going to use it for the Computer....so i might need a preamp for it. I have about $150 ro spend and nothing more. Can someone help me out plz?
two mics and a preamp $99

this deal was made for you

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product?full_sku=703626

i have the 990 and the audio buddy

very adequate for starting out

you'll need at least one mic cable between mic and preamp

(though you can use both mics at once

if you have two cables)

and another(one or two) from the preamp

to the line in of your sound card

doesn't matter what your soundcard is

at this stage in your recording career

you'll be blown away at the improvement

over what you're using now

chessrock said:
Hey Pecan, am I reading your post correct? Are you really looking for something to record from your computer?

Because if that's the case, then the answer should be simple. Look for a computer mic.

You see ... you need to record from your computer. You need a computer mic. Got it?

Good luck.
you're really

such an asshole

but i'm sure

you have plenty of asshole mics

to record yourself from

ItzCashew said:
think thats good enough?
Just a thought, if you're recording with a USB microphone, all you are using a soundcard for is playback, in which case there is no need to spring for another one for recording.

Most motherboard soundchips play back fine, and if you are mixing digitally and burning to CD your creations aren't being affected by the limited DA converters on your motherboard. This means you can save your dollars towards the BLUE USB mic, which is probably a better proposition than the Samson.

If your really serious, I think that'd be a waste of $30. When it comes to "pro audio" gear, stay away from PC shops etc... You'll just find yourself upgrading much sooner than later, and at this stage it probably won't be much improvement over your onboard SC. It's hard to point you in a direction with $150 being your budget considering you don't have a Mic, Pre or Interface.

Let's see if I can come close...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-USB-Computer-Recording-Interface?sku=703606V
This would act as your soundcard (interface) and pre, not sure if it has phantom power though... I shoulda read a bit more.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXL-MXL-990-Condenser-Microphone-with-Shockmount?sku=273156

I personally can't vouche for this set up but it's in your price range, and the MXL 990 shouldn't be a bad beginners condenser.

LOL and don't let Chess get under your skin, he took your question literally. He actually gives some good advice though.

EDIT:
I didn't realize that was a USB mic, if your gonna get that there's no need for the sound card.

Back