A metal tune

4-Man Takedown

A metal tune.

This is a demo tune I recorded for a band. I charged them $10 an hour for two songs, and they took about 10 hours total (so $100 total). Let me know if you think this is fair.

It's kind of old school thrash / death, but this one has a slower main riff. The performance isn't 100% due to the fact that we were just trying to get a decent demo in a short amount of time, but it was pretty good for getting everything in 1-2 takes, no punches.

Thanks

Seriously, did you just put the mic up to his anus? :eek: :eek: :D

No complaints about the recording quality, otherwise.

Take out the vocal and you'd have a killer soundtrack. I love the music, but that singing or whatever it is needs some help.

Pretty good all around. Ideally, a little more punch in the toms would have helped and the guitars did sound a bit muddy. I dunno whether that's the amp, the mic, or the guy trying to sound like the frontman from Dying Fetus sharing those same freqs, but I felt like the guitars could use some help, especially when the tempo picked up. Other than that, it was pretty good.

Oh yeah, no tom mics were used, as I didn't have enough to cover all of them.

All band issues aside, is this a recording worth charging for?

Also, the blast beat does sound a little muddy to say the least, but I'm not using any triggers or anything and I'm going to try to stick with the real sounding kick as I like an old school sound better for these guys.

Back