A little song with Glockenspiel.

Very interesting tune. I'll have to admit that when I read the title I laughed and thought I got to hear this. I'll have to say though that it sounds pretty good. I just don't hear too many Glockenspiels in songs that I listen to, they might be there and I'm just not listening for it, but it is definately a new thing for me. Good song though.

I'm not good at giving mixing advice, but I will have to say that the drums seem to need something done so that they fit in with everything else a little better. Like I said I couldn't even begin to say what, but it just sounds kind of out of place to me. May just be a personal thing though.

Keep rockin'

Trump

This was very entertaining. While obviously the featured instrument, I thought the Glock was a bit too far forward at the beginning.

I love the drum part, but it was wicked loose. Seemed just a tad hesitant at times. Also, the sound of the drums themselves seemed awfully boxy (although I like the cymbals in this context) especially when they first come in compared to the other sounds. When the drums get mellower later on, there is a sidestick sound that has some really cool reverb or something on it.

The electric guitar sounded awesome to me. That must be why you're Dr, SpringReverb? What is the guitar/amp combo there? I really liked that tone. When the guitar first comes in, the melody is very simple, but not predictable. I liked that. I listened a few times...well done.

thanks for listening

well the drums were recorded in a small room and they aren't even a drum-set. it's a snare-drum, a bass-drum pedal, a cardbox as bassdrum and a metall-thing (found it in the kitchen) as ride cymbal. can't really play drums and can't play loud because of the neightbours, so that's why it is like that :d

the eletric guitar is a fender mustang, the amp is... "astro puls mighty reverb" (what a name). never heard of it either. looks a bit like a silver-face fender, but it's transistor, made in japan. must be older

the eletric guitar is a fender mustang, the amp is... "astro puls mighty reverb" (what a name). never heard of it either. looks like a bit like a silver-face fender, but it's transistor, made in japan. must be older

Ha! Never would've guessed. Mustangs are nice, and I guess the astro thing does have mighty reverb after all.

yeah bring down the glock in volume a little....the drums are hilarious, kudos to you, I love twisted ideas like a cardboard box kick!

you could just layer a kick sample on to of it...or just leave it to the imagination

this reminded me of some weird TV show theme from the seventies...good job Doc, 10/10 for quirkiness

Back