A little Korg DSS-1 help.. please

mrclay

I just got this HEAVY sampler from a friend for $150 and was happy to find the entire sound library on the web, however, I'd like to be able to create and edit some useful "multisounds" on my PC instead of fooling w/ the unit's editor. (ugh) Are there any programs to convert soundfonts to the DSS-1 multisound format or a particular format I could save a wavefile to to prepare it for use w/ the sampler? I think the max sample resolution is 12-bit..

Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have a question instead of an answer, I'm afraid. Can you point me to the DSS-1 sound library? I have a DSS-1 also.

I don't know of a way to convert the format. But you're right: the DSS-1 uses 12-bit sampling.

about CopyQM

Just thought I should warn you about CopyQM, the 1994 program that transfers DSS-1 files between your hard drive and floppy..

I have a dual boot system w/ NT and 98 and the only way I could get the program to successfully transfer was to boot in 98 and exit windows to DOS. The program would load, but would return disk errors running from a DOS window in either OS.

I also found that it wouldn't write to now standard double-sided high-density floppies for some reason. Does this make sense? I couldn't even reformat the floppy as 720k.. So I had to use one of the disks that came with the DSS-1, which is a double-sided DOUBLE-density. Now where to find these?

Back