a little help here ?

Dr_simon

http://homepage.mac.com/dr_simon_richardson/FileSharing8.html

This is a recording of a couple of friends of mine made at my place.
Obviously the percussion needs tightening up, particularly in the turnarounds but I must admit Im a bit stumped as to how to finish it off !!

Maybe add a big bad guitar solo in the middle, or is it already too busy ?

Normally Id nuke the audio percussion and replace it with a midi loop however as the song speeds up and slows down Im a bit stuck !

Last edited:
"WE'RE SORRY......Our records show that the account you're attempting to connect to either does not exist or is currently inactive."

Dr_simon said:
http://homepage.mac.com/dr_simon_ric...eSharing8.html

This is a recording of a couple of friends of mine made at my place.
Obviously the percussion needs tightening up, particularly in the turnarounds but I must admit Im a bit stumped as to how to finish it off !!

Maybe add a big bad guitar solo in the middle, or is it already too busy ?

Normally Id nuke the audio percussion and replace it with a midi loop however as the song speeds up and slows down Im a bit stuck !
This link didn't work....

I went here...
http://homepage.mac.com/dr_simon_richardson/FileSharing8.html

Is this the correct one?
If so, pretty interesting tune. I like the break in the middle with what it has...A guitar solo might be cool, but as it is, it has some good diversity.

As far as the mix goes, the vocals are a bit loud compared to teh rest of teh music...just a small amount. Try getting them a bit more n the mix, and it might sound more polished. But so far, it's a well done tune.

Sorry about that folks, my bad ! Dogman is as ever bang on the money, that was the toon in question.

Im gona spend some serious time today tidying up the kick and snare hits and see what pops into my head

Nice tune. Nice arrangement. I love the organ. It seems a little right-side heavy, though. Maybe bringing the drums to the middle would even it out a bit. You have the drums, rythm guitar, organ and guitar solo all coming out of the right side, if I'm not mistaken. As far as sound quality and mix, though I'd say it's top notch.

Sounding better man...the solo didn't hurt what you already had, so that was a good addition. Vocals could still use a little taming, just something to make them sit in a little better, but are not obnoxious.

Nice work man.

Dr_simon said:
OK. Mix 3. I have sorted out the stereo immaging thing and brought the vocals down a bit
Seems to sound better to me...vocals are sitting better within the mix, and pretty even with the music. :cool:

Sounds pretty cool Doc. Lots of personality in the vocal and well in tune. I wouldn't pan the guitars so far myself as it makes the soundstage sound artificial when listening on headphones. I think also that the guitars could have a dB or two more in the 300-600 range to give them more body.

Tim

What'sup?
Very nice organ play. The ride cymbal stands out in my head phones - could come back or swapped for something less thin sounding.
Idiosyncratic vocal but nicely so.
Timothy's thickening suggestion is a good idea - the background lead line guitar could be more robust.
If you changed the drums & bass line you'd have a reggae song too.
The solo has a nice twang to it.
Got the rockin' pneumonia & the boogie woogie flu.

Back