A HEAVY metal cover, and I think I got mine sounding better than the original :)

And the 1st bastard responds. :)
Yours has meatier drums, as the drums in the original are punchy but not as meaty. Guitars in original are a bit better IMO. They sound a less digitl.

Your mix seems a little unbalnaced in the the EQ, a tad too much hi end on snare and OHs maybe?

Dont get me wrong though, sounds really good.

Awsome work especially on the drums. Is that samples I can hear? :)

Eck

ecktronic said:
And the 1st bastard responds. :)
Yours has meatier drums, as the drums in the original are punchy but not as meaty. Guitars in original are a bit better IMO. They sound a less digitl.

Your mix seems a little unbalnaced in the the EQ, a tad too much hi end on snare and OHs maybe?

Dont get me wrong though, sounds really good.

Awsome work especially on the drums. Is that samples I can hear? :)

Eck

haha, about the drums, that's actually quite funny. usually I use DKFH Superior but I decided to see what it would sound like to use the onboard samples of my v-drums and plug them straight into one track.. so, yeah, i didn't touch the drums at all.

in a bit though i'll be adding dkfh superior to replace them ;)

Not better but different.

I like the sound of the original. You can hear that they are using some prime gear. There's some nice warmth there. I like the drums in the original. That is not to say your mix doesn't sound good. Yours does sound like it was done with a pod though. That may not be true but it just sounds like it to me. There is defintely some nice clarity to your tones but I guess someone might argue that there is where the difference between analogue and digital lie. The slight colouration of analogue gear is not easy to duplicate well with plugins.
Over all a nice job though.

Interesting on the drums.
I agree with the post above me.
The old one is not as clear, which makes yours better in that respect, but using analogue gear does produce a warmth in the lo mids that kinda makes it fatter sounding if you know what I mean.
Eck

Back