a "heartful" recording

Nilbog

hello
Okay that's a damn cheesy title.

I seem to have come down with some sort of ailment effecting my heart. It beats fast then slow, then randomly, then it doesnt beat at all.
I've been to the emergency room twice and no help so far.

Anyway, the point is I want to record my heartbeat and post it in the clinic because I think it makes a good jazz piece.

How could I record my heart? Mic A Stethescope or what?

Well, I was joking about the jazz part and making a song out of my heartbeat. I just wanted to record it because it is pretty funky.

Kind of a freaky idea! I would think that you would need to definately need to use a stethoscope and a mic, with lot's of gain. Don't they have machines that you can hear your heartbeat with?

Yeah they do, and they've listened long and hard. I just wanted a recording for novelty purposes.

i've recorded my heart beat with a rode nt1 as part of a song.

just put the grille right up to my skin (ouch... cold) and cranked the gain all the way.
therewas a shitload of noise and not too much signal, so i put a huge bass boost on it and a treble cut.

it was sort of distorted and unrealistic sounding but very cool.

bleyrad said:
i've recorded my heart beat with a rode nt1 as part of a song.

just put the grille right up to my skin (ouch... cold) and cranked the gain all the way.
therewas a shitload of noise and not too much signal, so i put a huge bass boost on it and a treble cut.

it was sort of distorted and unrealistic sounding but very cool.

I would try that but cover your chest and the mic with a heavy blanket to block outside noise.

Yeah, Im really skinny, and my ribs are kind smashed in on that side so I can see my heart beating anyway. I'll give it a try,

Nilbog said:
Yeah, Im really skinny, and my ribs are kind smashed in on that side so I can see my heart beating anyway. I'll give it a try,

Have you recently been involved in an accident? You do realise smashed ribs is not the norm, right?:eek: :confused:

Haven't tried it myself (but I will later... this is really sick! :D ), but maybe you can tape a contact mic, such as a Radio Shack piezzo buzzer to your chest.

Could work....

Oren

Well the smashed in ribs is due to a little scoliosis in my back. In makes my ribs bulge slightly on the right, and cave in slightly on the left.

Anyway, here's what I came up with. This is SM57 cold grill to chest Noise removal, bass boost and amplified.
Turn you rbass way up for the full effect.

This is me just sitting here doing nothing.

Now all I have to do is catch it when it gets REALLY weird.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2665&alid=-1

"My heartbeat"

Back