A good mic to work with saffire 6 usb- please help

sameedon

Hi all,

I have been making loads of music tracks using FL 10 and I think its time that I mix my voice to those. I have a pretty good music knowledge and experience but however I am a newbie to mixing and recording.

After reading a lot of threads, I decided to purchase a Saffire 6 sound interface to plug in to my computer to get a good input of voice from a microphone?

Mostly I am doing hip hop as well as pop kind of music.

Can someone please suggest a good microphone to work with saffire 6 usb? My knowledge regarding microphones are really low so your help is very much appreciated.

Also do I have to buy a pop filter too?

For your information, I will be doing all the recording in my room. I hope to do the voice recording on cubase(or pro tools which i do not have now) and import the music tracks(bass, drums, chords, synth, samples) I make on FL 10 to cubase to do the mixing.

I hope you understand my requirement and suggest a few good microphones. I would then look at my budget against each of them and would go for the optimum one.

roughly, my budget is around 100 USD. could spend a little extra too.

Hope someone experienced can help me out.

many thanks to you all.

Cheers

Don

+1 to more sound. Although I would personally recommend saving your money and purchasing a condenser microphone.. Start by doing one research on these forums. My favorite beginner Ldc is a rode nt1a!!

I'm surprised moresound. Thought you'd say SM57. It's a work horse.
The real answer depends on your voice, style of song.
I prefer ldc's for vocals.
Read the sticky entitled mic for 100$ that just might suit your needs. Its well worth the read
Welcome to the mad house by the way

Back