a good bedroom recording!

Jonkan

Hi, heres a song recorded in my bedroom for you all.
tell me what you think. I havent checked the mix on any other systems than my own, so it could sound crappy on yours. Here it sounds alot better than I ever would have hoped when I first started recording songs in my bedroom :)
the file´s on my ftp

if you want some details on how we recorded it, ill be glad to give you them.
Thats all, happy recording!
Jonas H

Hi,

I am far from an expert but, I have some comments.

The melody and the guitar are stellar.
Good job there.......
The harmonica is a nice touch.

The drums do not sound good....I think a muted-snare and high hat would improve the song overall.

Good vocals as well.
Country is not my genre but I liked it.
Later,
Joe

Jonkan,

Hey nice song...I dont like country at all but i dont think this really sounds like country. More like a soft soft accoustic pop song. I like the vocals, nice job there and you can sing very well.

I really dont like the snare either. Sounds like a 55 gallon barrel or something. Maybe a brush, light snare would sound better.

Great mixing on the whole song, and a great arrangement.

john

ok, I experimented with the drums...I admit...i like over compressed drums....Ill make a remix with not so much drum comp. the drums actually sound great...(considering its a small room, 3 mics, 2mic preamps... ;) i had to plug in my kick in a line input, think about that, and then make a better recording with the same equipment. Give coments about the song aswell, I know its not really country...but i had to label it somehow...
wel im of now,,,,,i have to go and drink lots of beers...
bye
jonas h

Back