A few sugestions how to improve my music please..

FreddyG

I've done lately a playback for someone, however it sounds very "plastic" I used some VSTs. I'd like to present it here, and I can cut a slice of it for you, if anyone can give me any sugestion how to improve it. Thank you so much.

Freddy G
www.freddymusicstudio.com

FreddyG said:
I've done lately a playback for someone, however it sounds very "plastic" I used some VSTs. I'd like to present it here, and I can cut a slice of it for you, if anyone can give me any sugestion how to improve it. Thank you so much.

Freddy G
OK
So where is this slice???
Link please :)

Hi there,
Well the name of the playback is "La ultima noche" and u can find it among other stuff I've done lately on my site www.freddymusicstudio.com
Please let me know what u think and how should I improve the sound to be more "alive".
Thanx,
Freddy

Fredster,

That sounds really nice! Good musicianship and nice recording.

There is a little bit of a mid-bass to low-mid boom in the lead guitar. Not much, but perhaps a slight notch of two or three dB in the right place may make it sound less "plastic" and more "milky and creamy" (sorry, couldn't resist.) Maybe a "parametric sweep" might be in order. Lay a parametric EQ channel on the guitar, give it an extremely narrow Q and boost about 4Db. Then while soloing the guitar, slowly sweep the centerline of that EQ through the spectrum in the area between 100Hz and 1kHz. When you ID the center freq that really "honks" out at you, drop the gain from +4 to maybe -2. Play that back and see how it sounds.

Also I might create a little more "dialog" between the guitar and the rasp. Maybe bring the rasp up just a little in the mix in comparison to the lead git, and localize it a few degrees off-center. Then ensure the centerline of the guitar is symmetrically off-center in the other direction. I'm not saying that the rasp should be an equal of the guitar, by any means. But I think treating it's hi freq syncopation as the "rhythm section" and sprinkling that a little more generously behind the guitar - especially in the first few bars of the song where the rasp is a bit weaker - will add some extra texture and interest.

But these are not complaints. You're off to a great start. :D

G.

Last edited:
Hi Glen,

1) Thanx for your oppinion, I'll try these days 2do that, however if you'll have ab. half an hour to "waste" on me, I'd like to ask you (if it's not too much to ask) to try also, maybe then we'll be able to compare.. Ab 20-30 seconds will be great, even less.
2) By the way, have u listen to the other stuff? How does it sound on your equipment?
3) Last thing, for "spreading" the sound, I use the Pan option, however at the Studio, the songs sound still flat, mono-like. Any suggestion, plugin maybe to use for widening the music? Thank you so much.

Freddy G

Back