a few questions

remco

StudioJunky
1. is there a way to get standard spdif in the hd24xr
2. is there on the hd24xt, and the masterlink a way to select operation level
-10 /+4

Regards Remco

1. You'd need a external format converter (S/PDIF to ADAT).
2. On the HD24, no. +4 balanced in and out. Now you could connect something like an LX20 via Lightpipe to the HD24 which would give -10 operating level if you just had to have it.

Track Rat said:
1. You'd need a external format converter (S/PDIF to ADAT).
Something u recomend ?

Track Rat said:
2. On the HD24, no. +4 balanced in and out. Now you could connect something like an LX20 via Lightpipe to the HD24 which would give -10 operating level if you just had to have it.
No i don't wan't that,
but when i mix around 0 on my analog mixer i got a very low signal on the masterlink (-25) see thread Here

regards Remco

Sounds like a +4/-10 mismatch. The output of the mixer sounds like -10. The Masterlink has both +4 and -10 inputs. Try the RCA ins on the Masterlink or see if the mixer has a selectable +4 output.

I may be wrong, but the Allen Heath system 8 consoles may be pin 3 hopt instead of pin 2 hot like most things nowadays. This is fairly common in older consoles and amplifiers. Especially those manufactured in Europe.

xstatic said:
I may be wrong, but the Allen Heath system 8 consoles may be pin 3 hopt instead of pin 2 hot like most things nowadays. This is fairly common in older consoles and amplifiers. Especially those manufactured in Europe.
This is VERY true.

xstatic said:

Good point I'm going to investigate that tnx

So if that's the case then the output from the A&h should be 3 = hot and the other connector 2 = hot ?
how about the trs inputs ?

Remco

Last edited:
Back