A few questions on the BR1600CD

songwritten

hey everyone!
I have a few questions on the Boss BR1600CD and I thought you guys could help.

What kind of quality can I get out of this machine? Could I use this machine to make a product that I could sell after proper mixing and mastering?

If i had a great recording envirnment, used proper gear, and used the BR1600CD, would full bands be happy with the outcome?

How do drums sound? I don't mean the drum machine thats built in...I mean, If I mic'd up some drums...would i be able to get good quality if I knew what I was doing?

My brother has had the Boss BR864 for sometime now...I've messed with it many times and I can't stand the way it sounds...It sounds so fake and processed to me. Are the preamps on BR1600 better? I just want a dry sound...I plan on micing just about everything I'll be recording...so if I mic a horrible souding piece of equipment...i wanna hear how horrible it is...and if I mic a great piece of equipment...i wanna hear how great it is.

Also, does anyone have any recorded samples of something they've recorded on the BR1600? I'd love to hear it!

Thanks alot everyone!

I have one more question

Can the internal drum machine work with a sample library like Drumkit From Hell? I've seen in the product ads it says something like "use the internal sounds or load your own". I'm not talking about importing loops, just using DFH sounds for each BR pad.

The BR-1600 comes with Discrete Drum 'Lite', which is already loaded in the recorder. I think that you can load any drums loop.

Songwritten - My band is recording our second CD on a BR-1600. I'm still experimenting with mic position on the drums but they do sound good.

Back