A Few Questions About this Site

jamusic

Hello all,

I registered & joined about an hour ago, and posted in the 'Introduce Yourself' area.

2 things I've noticed so far:

1. I am not able to load a custom Avatar of my own in/for my profile.

I'm guessing there's a waiting period, or more likely a minumum number of posts to make sure I'm not a robot or a spammer - that's fine - just curious though;

2. When I click to read any posts at all, Chrome gives an error message and asks me to reload the page.

So I installed Mozilla Firefox, and it does the same exact thing, except uses their own version of it. :mad:

I only installed Chrome because of the head aches on the Cakewalk Sonar forums, which are still ongoing, even since their new format changes.

But getting back to this site, any ideas? Anyone else have this?

Because if I keep getting an 'error and reload page message' each time I jump from page to page, obviously that's going to be far too much hassle to tolerate for very long.

2. When I click to read any posts at all, Chrome gives an error message and asks me to reload the page.

So I installed Mozilla Firefox, and it does the same exact thing, except uses their own version of it. :mad:
That's not on your end. The site's been doing that today on and off. I use Mozzilla, too.

Thanks for the replies.

That's a relief.

Good to know.

Thanks RAMI - and thanks for the welcome Steen.

Hi JaMusic. Good to see a familiar user from the Steinberg forum! :cool: Hope you are enjoying your new DAW. ;)

Yeah, the powers that be, do not work on the weekends. It seems servers tend to do upgrades and crap, when there is nobody around to deal with it...

Working fine for you now? All good here.

And yes, this place is a bit more fun than the Steiny forum. :)

About some of your other questions... yes minimum post counts to do different things. I used to know what they were, but not any more. :o 5 for this, 10 for that, etc... I think 50 posts is the highest restriction

Stick around and enjoy the community. soon enough you will be past any post count restrictions.

About some of your other questions... yes minimum post counts to do different things. I used to know what they were, but not any more. :o 5 for this, 10 for that, etc... I think 50 posts is the highest restriction

Stick around and enjoy the community. soon enough you will be past any post count restrictions.

We should implement a 1000 post count restriction to start any of the following arguments, or their obverse:
1. Analogue is better than digital
2. Mac is better than PC
3. Amps are better than sims

:D

We should implement a 1000 post count restriction to start any of the following arguments, or their obverse:
1. Analogue is better than digital:D

But no restrictions on Digital is better than Analog!! :eek: I see how you roll. :D

What? No Cubase questions yet? lol

:D

No, not quite yet. lol

Tried to get to it today, but just been too busy so far. I have been watching the tutes though, which I wanted to do first anyway.

But alas, I have yet to record or import something.

Gads and what a format- 50% wasted space.

Yeah, I hear ya.

They implemented a new forum about a month ago, and there's still a bunch of problems.

The first thing I thought was that as well - Wow! - look at all that unused space!

Hi JaMusic. Good to see a familiar user from the Steinberg forum! :cool: Hope you are enjoying your new DAW. ;)

Thanks Bane.

Been toolin' around in it, setting preferences, templates, etc. and watching the tutorials - which are almost done now.

Can't wait to get started. Should have some time in the next day or 2.

Ok - so I now have the answer to question #1 of my original post.

I'm at 12-13 posts and can now upload my own avatar, as evident by the stock photo I just threw on there to try it.

So it looks like 10 posts is the threshold for that task, just in case anyone's wondering.

Back