A few amp sims test :)

hollowmanpl

I don't want to start a few thread so I'll just put every thing I did (and I'll do) here.
I would like to know you opinion about sound I get. I'm not sure if my mixes sound well - I don't know...I think I've to change headphones because with my AKG K240 Studio I don't have much pleasure of listening to the music...
What is your opinion?
For example - I did a few ampsims tests recently:

YouTube - ‪Peavey Revalver Mk III - AMP SIM HD METAL TEST‬‏
YouTube - ‪Steinberg WARP - AMP SIM HD METAL TEST‬‏
YouTube - ‪Ignite Amps NRR1 - FREE AMP SIM HD METAL TEST‬‏
YouTube - ‪LINE 6 Tone Port GX HD METAL TEST - BOGNER UBERSCHALL‬‏
YouTube - ‪AcmeBarGig Metal Line - FREE AMP SIMS HD METAL TEST‬‏

cheers

sorry, what exactly is your question?
Do you want help with your mixes or comments on your amp modelling "tests"?

My opinion? yes, listen to music on the monitors you use to mix with... otherwise it's just guesswork.

just for future reference, usually you're much better off just giving people one track and say 'here's this track i've just finished, how does the lead guitar solo sound to you? is it piercing enough?" that sort of thing, and you'll get a ton of feedback from guys who really know their stuff here. Linking to 5 different songs/mixes is unlikely to encourage most people in this forum to spend time listening to them all, so will probably not bother at all.

keep it simple :)

Hmmm maybe you're right.
I'm not expecting 'oh uh you're god' or something :) Just wanted to know people opinion about 'mixing style'.
I know it's far away from professional recording and I just feel like I'm stuck. I've no idea what to do more to get a better, tighter sound.
I've post these 5 clips, because I tried to mix each other in a different way.

Damn...sorry for my english :P

ok, so choose one complete mix and ask for some help on how to get it better and tighter.

"what do you think about my mixing style?" is far too broad to answer helpfully.

Back