A dose of odd

acattoir

This is old and odd. I remixed this recently and thought it was worthy of other ears besides mine. This was a creativity self assignment. What can you do with just your bass and drum kit?? 80's North drum kit and 4 string Ibanez BTB bass. There's plenty to nit pick here but that's not what I'm going for. I'm (per usual) trying to see if anybody else would enjoy this sort of thing, maybe I can build on a style or something. Or maybe this only sounds good to me?
Oh yeah, and there's some 30hz stuff for you bass-heads and a nice (I think) drum cadence at the end
Having said all that, dare you to listen.
Thanks,
ac

Sheese! I went and listened to the studio B music that is posted. What was I thinking when I posted this?? I'll leave it up for ridicule perhaps.
ac

Everything is a bit distant, probably from the reverb, but since you said it was odd, I think it fits. No nits from me. I like the harmonics against the bass line.

Cool oddity... :cool:

I like the way it turned out with just bass & drums. Great interplay between fretted notes and harmonics-very solid low end as well. Good job!:D

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Anybody out there checked this out with a sub? My monitors are fairly flat down to about 45hz and the gong bass sounds very healthy, but with a good sub setup perhaps it could be quite exciting.
Thanks again for listening.
ac

Wow... I'm really liking this :) You always get such full mixes.... I'm jealous :mad:

:p

I'll give a listen tonight with my sub...

Good job!

:)

Back