A Day of Remembrance....

Amen. God bless our troops, and the men and women of the police/fire fighters brave enough to run TOWARDS the chaos when people were running away...

...Never forget.

-Joel

Forgetting that, would be like forgetting Pearl Harbor; todays rally is politically motivated, for sure.;)

I remember rollding down the road late for work driving past the flight line and all the run stations and seeing a massive roadblock going into the gates of Lockheed Martin. This happened often because some idiot would try to drive a tour bus or an ice cream truck through the gate and then try to turn it around in place....I put it in park and waited.

After moving a car length at a time I got close enough to see the guards normally armed like barney fife with a single bullet in their shirt pocket were carrying M16's and were searching each and every car as it stopped for inspection

I got the feeling something had gone terribly wrong and turned on the radio to hear the news talking about how right that feeling was. I spent the morining sitting in a windowless cold war era secure building scouring the web for news and trading information with people all over the world through the wonder of public message boards. Its a spooky thing to hear your off site co-workers say that they have been ordered to stay away from the very campus you are sitting at having been told that it was much too dangerous. it was a surreal experience and one that none of us ever recovered from. Distance did not lessen the sting that much.

Still nothing can compare with the horror and shock that our people in New york and the pentagon felt. I can't pretend to imagine what that was like in any way shape or form.

this is a sperate issue. We are not talking about Iraq, we are not talking about troop build ups, or who lied to who or who voted for what.

We are talking a single terrible act and the innocent lives lost, people who risked and lost everything doing nothing but their job to protect and save lives. None of these deserved that fate that date, no matter your politics.

My thoughts and prayers are with the survivors, wherever and whoever they are.

Reactions: apl
It doesn't seem like 6 years, I have a kid who was born a year after 911 and is starting kindergarden.

I have to add to that. I remember being in high school gym class in 1985 or 86 watching the space shuttle take off, the gym teacher had the t.v. pulled out for our class to watch, and then it blew up. 30 15 year old's with a lot of blank faces. 911 was off the charts though.

I remember rollding down the road late for work driving past the flight line and all the run stations and seeing a massive roadblock going into the gates of Lockheed Martin. This happened often because some idiot would try to drive a tour bus or an ice cream truck through the gate and then try to turn it around in place....I put it in park and waited.

After moving a car length at a time I got close enough to see the guards normally armed like barney fife with a single bullet in their shirt pocket were carrying M16's and were searching each and every car as it stopped for inspection

I got the feeling something had gone terribly wrong and turned on the radio to hear the news talking about how right that feeling was. I spent the morining sitting in a windowless cold war era secure building scouring the web for news and trading information with people all over the world through the wonder of public message boards. Its a spooky thing to hear your off site co-workers say that they have been ordered to stay away from the very campus you are sitting at having been told that it was much too dangerous. it was a surreal experience and one that none of us ever recovered from. Distance did not lessen the sting that much.

Still nothing can compare with the horror and shock that our people in New york and the pentagon felt. I can't pretend to imagine what that was like in any way shape or form.

this is a sperate issue. We are not talking about Iraq, we are not talking about troop build ups, or who lied to who or who voted for what.

We are talking a single terrible act and the innocent lives lost, people who risked and lost everything doing nothing but their job to protect and save lives. None of these deserved that fate that date, no matter your politics.

My thoughts and prayers are with the survivors, wherever and whoever they are.
very well said....much luv bro.....

Hey is there a Pentagon graphic too? I was unemployed at the time, but a couple of months later I got a job where the commute took me past the damaged side every morning . . . :(

We were hit pretty hard that day and are still feeling some of the affects today - so we will never forget.

My mom just retired from FDNY after 30 yrs of service. I asked if she wanted a retirement party. She said most of her friends either died on 9/11 or are now too sick to attend.

Yes, sad day when your own Government attacks you....

This doesn't mean I don't care, just stating my opinion. That's what makes it a free country.

Just secede from Canada already and further marginalize yourself :p :mad:

Nah, I'm one of the good people that kept Quebec IN Canada. If you knew anything about the situation, you wouldn't make such an ignorant statement.

And as far as my statement's concerned....The truth is the truth. And I'm not going to argue with narrow-minded robots who decide something's true just because they so on the news.

Sad day when the Government attacked it's own people....May they rest in peace.

Don't worry, this isn't the cave, so I'll let you all have your little illusion about your criminal Governemt.....And we wonder why America is going down the tubes???? Haha.

Enjoy your thread.

See ya.

Here's a better graphic. The bald eagle and the flag are great if you want to celebrate Patriot's Day. If you want to remember the families and their loss, a picture is worth a thousand flags. :cool:

Attachments

• victims.jpg
    victims.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 60
  • detail.jpg
    detail.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 62
Damn, I'm trying to stay out of this thread for the sake of the dead. But I keep getting rep...neg and pos (2 negs which were signed, so I have to give people credit for that, and 4 pos...and counting) which is cool. The pos comes from people with a brain, and the neg comes from people who DON'T WANT TO believe something...So, no problem, the ignorant stay ignorant by choice.

I'll just say one thing about honoring the dead. The worst way to do it is by perpetuating a lie.

R.I.P.

Nah, I'm one of the good people that kept Quebec IN Canada. If you knew anything about the situation, you wouldn't make such an ignorant statement.

Yes, I do, but I felt an ignorant statement deserved one in return :p

I've been to Montreal a couple of times, it's a beautiful city and not politically like the hinterlands that are more secessionist.

But ultimately, it's in a malcontent province in a country with a small population. Even so, I wouldn't piss on a statue of Jacques Cartier on Canada Day, as you just did. OK, I dunno how much they care about Cartier in Ottawa, and Canada Day in Quebec City, so it's a mixed metaphor. But you probably don't know anyone who was at the Pentagon that day, and I do.

So you deserve negs for your post, it is little different than what Fred Phelps does. But he isn't worth it, and neither are you, so I didn't bother . . . although I would sign it if I did.

Back