A/D converter for M-Audio rig, Apogee?

jkimbrell

Hey guys,

Im thinking of getting the Neve Portico 5017 as a mic pre. But I would like to upgrade my A/D converters too, so I am not using my M-Audio fast track ultra converters.

I was looking at the Apogee Mini-Me. But I saw something about no WC-input? Theres only one S/PDIF output on the Mini-Me, but theres an In/Out on the Fast Track. This means the Fast track would be running FROM the Mini-Me. Does that work since the Fast track is what runs my Protools?

And any other opinions on A/D converters besides the Mini-Me? I want a small one like the mini-me, not a huge one like the Rosetta, but any opinions are appreciated.

Hey guys,

Im thinking of getting the Neve Portico 5017 as a mic pre. But I would like to upgrade my A/D converters too, so I am not using my M-Audio fast track ultra converters.

I was looking at the Apogee Mini-Me. But I saw something about no WC-input? Theres only one S/PDIF output on the Mini-Me, but theres an In/Out on the Fast Track. This means the Fast track would be running FROM the Mini-Me. Does that work since the Fast track is what runs my Protools?

And any other opinions on A/D converters besides the Mini-Me? I want a small one like the mini-me, not a huge one like the Rosetta, but any opinions are appreciated.

There is a used Rosetta in the free ads here at HR, And I bet you can talk him down from his asking price. Take a look and PM him.

:cool:

i think they quit making the mini me quite a long time ago.

you may be thinking of the mini dac

Back