a couple of questions

Chain Smoker

sup yall, i'm new to the forum. and new to producing beats

i have a couple of questions,
one, what do you guys usually use besides drums, snare, kicks, and hihats when making a hip hop beat?

two, is there a way i can match the tempo of a sample with whatever i have on the step sequencer on Fruity Loop? or do i have to play the sample over and over again to match the tempo?
or if there're other programs that can automatically match the tempo perhaps?

again, i'm new at this so you'll have to excuse these 'stupid' questions

I'm going to give this a half hearted yes. Other guys/gals here will know for sure, they can also confirm or not that it may not work so great.
I think Sonar which is the program I use to record with can stretch music , I never really looked into it and don't have much experience with any other programs out there.(Barely enough to get by with Sonar but the guys in my band think Im doing aok:cool: ) I think you want to create a groove clip.
I guess it wouldn't work for you to change the tempo on the fruity piece?

I think for drums and hip hop and what is used is pretty much an open field now a day, you decide, down load some of the many free stuff on net and use whatever inspires you.

Chain Smoker said:
1. one, what do you guys usually use besides drums, snare, kicks, and hihats when making a hip hop beat?

2. two, is there a way i can match the tempo of a sample with whatever i have on the step sequencer on Fruity Loop? .....

3. if there're other programs that can automatically match the tempo perhaps?....

1. You can use whatever sounds you want, when it comes to making music. :D

2. goto CHANNELS>ADD ONE>SAMPLER>(right click on the sampler track)>LOAD SAMPLE>(load your sample)>(right click on the track)>(select) CUT ITSELF>(left click on that track, it'll show you your CHANNEL SETTINGS)>press INS>(right click on the piano keys until you are at the desired TEMPO)

3. Acid Pro 4.0 by Sonic Foundry

http:www.sonicfoundry,com

Peace...............

spin

:cool:

Back