A Collab

matty_boy

NikD played drums on this for me. I took forever getting it done (sorry Nik), and here it is. My monitoring system is kinda weak, so let me know what the bass is doing especially.

Thanks Everybody

Matty

Here He Goes Again

edited because I forgot to post the link (duh)

yea I know I hate when mixing clinic post get burried by other shit!

Vocal is a little dry I think. The staccato guitar stuff is good because if frees up room for the vocal. The vocal goes a little out of tune at times. Kinda reminds me of that band Offspring. The non distorted guitar sound out of tune. Mabey im wrong but the timing started to drag at the end. Wish I was in saskatchewan...good hunting in them parts.

I listened to this one earlier. Can't remember much about it (I'm tired), except that I liked it, and the drums were cool :D

Cool tune.

The intro is neat, but the sounds seem to trip on each other a bit, they are a little "mid heavy". The guitars are spread real far and also trip on each other a bit. Try spreading things out and having something down the middle until the vox kick in.
The vocal track isn't bad, IMO it captures the feel of this tune, kinda raw. I like the straight sound of the voice over the frenzied sound of the guitars. Drums sound great. I can hear everything they do pretty well. I would like to hear a little more bottom end on the bass to round this out. Again, thats just my opinion.

I like this.
:cool:

jcmm

Thanks jcmm. I wasn't too sure what the bottom end was doing. Case in point, I thought I might have to attenuate some lows, but I wasn't doing it because I couldn't hear it really well on my monitor system, and didn't want to go in there willy nilly and start cutting (or adding) stuff. I will have a look at it.

Matty

Sounds cool! I totally forgot I did this until I saw your post in my popup blocker thread. I like the vox and everything else you did to it as well!

How about the original song you did drums for. Fatt Musiek never did the drums, and yours were really good! I can repost it for you if you like, or if you want to do something different, then we can do that too.

That's cool, I still have that file somewhere. I want to re record it anyway, I've gotten some new gear since then. Maybe I'll get a chance to lay it down tomorrow.

Good song.

The mix lacks bottom end though.

The singer (you?) reminds me very much of Ben from Ben Folds Five. Sounds good.

I would shorten the intro and boost the bottom end a bit, but other than that, I dig.

Thanks Chris. Those are exactly the kind of things I am looking for. I have a bad monitoring system. I hace it figured out pretty weel, but the low end is tough for me.

btw, I did everything on this except for drums. NikD (a member here) took my demo and wrote, played, and recorded the drum parts, after which I redid all of my parts.

Thanks again.

Matty

Back