A Child to Call Our Own - another new song that needs your feedback!

leavings

Hi all,

here's the fourth track from the soon to be released new album. It's called A Child to Call Our Own, about a couple dealing with a second miscarriage, based on a note from FOUND magazine. Please give me your feedback on all aspects of the track, especially levels, balance, EQ, and anything that sounds weird or out of place. I've got about 3 weeks until we master, so I appreciate your suggestions to help me polish my work!

Listen through the soundcloud widget below, or you can listen at Reverb Nation here.

Thanks!

I'd say the mix is one of the best I've heard around here. Helps that it's a great song with excellent performance. I really like this one!

This is very nicely done. I'm torn between the simplicity of it as it stands and feeling like it could use a pad in places or some simple percussion. Simply a matter of taste. As is stands now, it's very good.

I'd say the mix is one of the best I've heard around here. Helps that it's a great song with excellent performance. I really like this one!

This is very nicely done. I'm torn between the simplicity of it as it stands and feeling like it could use a pad in places or some simple percussion. Simply a matter of taste. As is stands now, it's very good.

What they said. Beautiful song, beautifully done. (One technical note: very tasteful handling of reverb. It both fits and creates the mood perfectly.)

Back