a bit of electronic (not dance)

solaris0031

www.myspace.com/delphiandemise

if you could listen to any of my stuff, your comments are appreciated. i'm sure there's plenty i need to work on. I think the best one right now is probably Recycler (the percussion is a soda can) be critical, but please don't be mean. thanks :-)

Well, I am not a fan of electronic music, and to be honnest, your song really didn't impressed me, repetitive, the mood created around the song is not even pleasant, it's just like if you were hitting anything on your keyboard while the background track was playing.

Remember that I DO NOT LIKE electronic music, so I guess my opinion is biased towards the bad side:P, I just meant that nothing really impressed me... sorry

Arpeggiator abuse doesn't constitute songwriting. :) Neither does ring modulating everything.

Mix needs help, elements pop in and out randomly. The drums are super background. In general, halfass all around.

alright. the ambient stuff is gone. cloneboy--as far as i know i am not using ring mudulation at all on anything :)

i put two new tracks up that should be showing as soon as the server processes them, one called "dance revision" and one called "breaks mix". i'm not sure if i'm done with structure and production, but maybe somebody wants to offer specific things that need work?

a few things-->all my synths are my own, not software synth generators. i made them all from basic waves in ngwave and manually created them. also on the song "console" the drums are supposed to be one of the background parts somewhat. the drum samples for that were sampled by me off a tama rockstar kit plus a little sine wave to add to the kick.

by the way, if you listened to tension, it wasnt supposed to be pleasant.

thanks for listening, and check out the new stuff when you get a chance.

A stronger mix would help this material out, as would more solid structures. The basic ideas are okay for this genre though. I think my first post came off too harsh sounding.

well, it didn't really impress me either, but keep trying ;)

BTW: for electronic music reviews, this might not be the best board. Try future producers or spinwarp. Good luck!

I didn't mean it was not pleasant, (I actually love atonal music, like schoenberg, for example), I meaned it was not good at all that's it. Music is about energy, and your energy level was below the absolute zero, but keep trying, I believe that a bether melody line and maybe the introduction of a voice or an acoustic instrument could give a better dimension to your mix.

Back